Fashion Sinner

A ray of golden light circles a bag in the window as if a halo of divine light were shining upon it.  Meanwhile, in my left hand I hold one of the fakes I purchased for my research on the post “Knock off or Not”.  I do love the look of my new purse, but I’m also somewhat ambivalent about it.

This post is something of a follow-up to “Knock off or Not”, an article I wrote on the subject of counterfeit handbags. My plan was to schedule this to post during my vacation so there wouldn’t be a big gap in publishing, but I was just too busy before I left to finish. But I digress…

What I like best about my post on fake purses are your comments.  It’s so interesting to see what people think of counterfeit merchandise, from concerns over what others will think of you if you wear a fake designer bag to more serious worries over the possibility of abusive child labor that might be involved in the making of the bags. I found myself in conversation with some really intelligent and insightful people, and that of course that helped me to look at the issue in a different light. There are also some people who don’t feel it’s a big deal. No matter what your opinion, I enjoyed all your comments and respect your opinions.

Do I look a little scared in this photo?  It’s not because the fashion police are out for my fake bag, the security at this mall doesn’t allow photographs!  We were running around trying to get a few in before they kicked us out.  And they DID kick us out, but we were already in the parking lot so I’m not sure it mattered much. I felt like such a rebel. What I do for my blog!

Clearly I have a “thing” for fake crocadile.  The shoes and purse match.

Personally I love this outfit.  It feels very sexy to me.  I think if I could I would dress like this all the time.

• Leather Jacket – L’Affaire
  • White Blouse – A hand-me-down, no tag
  • Black Skirt – White House/Black Market
  • Belt – Barney’s
  • Purse – Fake Gucci, purchased in downtown L.A.
  • Shoes – Nine West

Ever gotten kicked out of a mall for taking photos?

19 Responses to Fashion Sinner

1. Jessie at Fashion Limbo July 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

I really loved that post you wrote, and all the work you put into it, so if i didnt congratulate you then I do it now. I love this outfit and your fake bag is awfully cute. Very business-like, very power outfit 🙂

• Heather Fonseca July 15, 2011 at 7:27 pm #

Aw thanks Jessie! Glad you like both the post and the outfit.

2. Alexis of NorthOnHarper July 14, 2011 at 12:43 pm #

Okay… so I am not a big fan of Fakes……

THAT being said, you look phenomenal. These may be my new favorite look of yours.

And on a serious note— you can’t take photos in the Bev Center?!?! Seriously?!?!

• Heather Fonseca July 15, 2011 at 7:26 pm #

Glad you like the outfit, and YES, they will kick you out of the Beverly Center for taking photos. I guess if you’re a tourist taking a couple shots they don’t care, but we were obviously doing some sort of photo shoot, plus it was night time and the mall was closing, so I guess we stuck out like sore thumbs.

3. Dress Code: High Fashion
    July 14, 2011 at 8:36 pm #

1. You look gorgeous – classic but contemporary & confident, feminine outfit.

2. We should join forces to re-establish the “Shoes & purse must match” rule.

3. The nice location was worth being kicked out 🙂

4. Even though I`m against fake bags but I let you get away with this one because I can`t even tell which bag it is supposed to copy (a Kelly bag???). It`s an “inspired” bag. These are borderline ok.

5. Have a nice weekend, dear.

Hugs, Jen

• Heather Fonseca July 15, 2011 at 7:25 pm #

Thanks Jenny I’m glad you approve. I agree with you about the matching purse and shoe thing. It always looks so polished. My only problem is that I don’t have enough room in my closet for al those matching things. One day though! The purse is supposed to be “Gucci”, but I can’t figure out what it’s supposed to be a copy of either. I just like the look.

July 16, 2011 at 4:28 am #

You look great as always but I never heard of not being able to take pics in a mall. Weird!!

• Heather Fonseca July 16, 2011 at 9:37 am #

I was really surprised as well. Actually I’d taken photos of shop windows in this mall during the day when it was busy and no one bothered me.

5. Couture Carrie July 16, 2011 at 4:57 am #

Gorgeous look and pics!
    Love your jacket!

xoxox,
    CC

6. Aura July 17, 2011 at 12:39 am #

I love your shoes, they look great!

Aura

7. Aquí July 17, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

love this outfit! Your shoes are awesome and that first photo is so cool with the lights behind you! You look gorgeous 🙂

8. Leia July 17, 2011 at 11:39 pm #

I loved your knock-off post, and I really like this outfit, too! It’s so versatile – you could wear it to work or play or anywhere in between!

9. mary jo
    July 18, 2011 at 8:46 am #

Forget the bag–I love the jacket with your shirt and pencil skirt–my favorite of all your looks so far! You should wear this every day!!!!

• Heather Fonseca July 18, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

Thanks Mary Jo! I have to say it’s a very “me” outfit, I just don’t have that many occasions to get dressed up.

10. THE-LOUDMOUTH
    July 20, 2011 at 10:36 am #

Sexy outfit for sure, you rebel you!!!

• Heather Fonseca July 20, 2011 at 11:51 am #

Thanks! I know I felt like such a rebel being kicked out of a mall!

1. Leather and Linen | The Style Confessions™ - September 30, 2011

[…] leather jacket could be until I purchased this one. You can see some other outfits featuring it here and here. It adds a bit of edginess to whatever it’s paired […]