What to wear to a picnic in Los Angeles

The weather could not have been more beautiful for this picnic in Los Angeles. The 2nd annual “Two Point Oh! L.A.” picnic at Griffith Park was organized by Kelsi Smith, the blogger behind “Dedicated Follower of Fashion”. She created  the Two Point Oh! LA community to help local bloggers connect in real life.  Although I joined the group late last year this is the first event I’ve actually been able to attend, and I’m so glad I did. First of all, after tweeting and interacting on facebook for months, I finally met Kelsi in real life. Here we are together.

Secondly, the people watching was great.  I so want one of these sheer black maxi skirts.

Floral prints and floppy hats were worn in abundance at this picnic in Los Angeles.

Quite a few of my fellow L.A. bloggers were sporting stripes.

One of the most popular fashion accessories was the DSLR camera.  Almost everyone had one!

Speaking of accessories, how cool are these studded high tops worn by Cuitlahuac Gonzalez, a.k.a. “Mr Cuit”. Check out his blog “Formalities.  It’s as cool as his shoes.

One of the best things about the picnic, however, wasn’t just the people watching.  I love meeting new people, especially when those people share a lot of my interests.  Below is Sandra Mendoza-Daly, who owns a vintage clothing store called “Debutante Clothing”. Don’t you just love her hot pink stripe dress?

I did laugh out loud, a lot actually. It really was fun.

Do you belong to a local bloggers group? Have you gone to any local blogging events? If so, what do you think of them?

, ,

24 Responses to What to wear to a picnic in Los Angeles

1. anne
    July 22, 2011 at 9:44 am #

that looks like lots of fun. wish I’d known about it.
    sigh.
    gotta connect with Kelsi!

• Heather Fonseca July 23, 2011 at 11:32 am #

It’s an interesting group and Kelsi organizes or is involved in just about every fashion related event that happens in the L.A. area. I really want to get more involved but between freelancing and the kids it’s difficult. But if I had a friend to go with to the events maybe it would be easier?

2. citizen rosebud
    July 22, 2011 at 9:53 am #

I love blogging groups- it really helps you not feel as isolated, and truly connected ya know? i like that we are all interested in yakking about fashion- since I created my Sactown group, there’s a disproportionate amount of vintage bloggers in my group which is fine by me.

Love those spikey shiny shoes by the way!

• Heather Fonseca July 23, 2011 at 11:33 am #

I know and I’m so glad I found a local one. You’d think it would be easy L.A. being so big but 2 point Oh LA seems to be the only fashion blogging group in the area.

3. Alexis of NorthOnHarper July 22, 2011 at 10:50 am #

Looks like you had a great time!!!! I need to check out this group….

• Heather Fonseca July 23, 2011 at 11:34 am #

Oh you should! I think you would like it. There are two options, one for people who just want to join on-line and one for people who want to be involved in the group in real life.

4. Leia July 22, 2011 at 11:49 am #

Everybody looks gorgeous & so well-dressed!

• Heather Fonseca July 23, 2011 at 11:34 am #

It was fun! I thought everyone looked really pretty too.

5. Aquí July 22, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

how fun! I would love to attend a blogger event! I’ve never been, that the down side of traveling. You look great and I love some of those looks from other LA bloggers!

• Heather Fonseca July 23, 2011 at 11:35 am #

I wonder if there are any fashion blogging groups in Hawaii. If there were would you join?

6. FASHION TALES
    July 22, 2011 at 7:51 pm #

This looks like so much fun, I love the sun umbrella, I’d bring that too! everyone’s stylish. 🙂

• Heather Fonseca July 23, 2011 at 11:36 am #

The parasols were a nice touch. It was pretty warm in the sun.

7. Terri
    July 22, 2011 at 7:59 pm #

You know I’m in touch with local bloggers, but have met nary a one in real life. This looks like a lot of fun.

And I’ve got a sheer black maxi you can have. Let me know.

• Heather Fonseca July 23, 2011 at 11:36 am #

Terri somehow I don’t think your black maxi skirt would fit me! You look like you’re a pretty small size on your blog.

8. Angela July 24, 2011 at 7:19 pm #

This looks like it was so much fun! I wonder if there are any similar groups in my area? I guess I should look into it. LA is a bit far away from me (I live in Australia!).

• Heather Fonseca July 25, 2011 at 4:18 pm #

It took me quite a while to find. As it turns out the group is quite new! It started last Summer, and I joined in October. I think as fashion blogging becomes more popular there will be more and more groups like this. Even if there isn’t a group, sometimes you can just find other local bloggers and get together for lunch or something. I did that as well a couple of months ago.

9. THE-LOUDMOUTH
    July 24, 2011 at 10:05 pm #

This looks super fun! I’ve thought about joining that group but last I checked there’s a membership fee and I’d rather to free stuff. Speaking of which, we should have another meet-up together!

• THE-LOUDMOUTH
      July 24, 2011 at 10:05 pm #

Er, do.

• Heather Fonseca July 25, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

Yes, there is a membership fee, but Kelsi works her butt off setting up all these events. She has them going on all the time! There was another one this weekend but I couldn’t attend due to work.

10. neekoh July 27, 2011 at 10:16 am #

Hey, that’s me! In the floppy hat! Haha, thanks for dropping by and letting me know of these pictures. Sadly, we didn’t connect, but I’m definitely looking forward to meeting at a future blogger event 😀

XXo,
    Neekoh

• Heather Fonseca July 27, 2011 at 11:19 am #

Hi Neekoh and thanks for stopping by! I hope we get to meet at a 2 point Oh LA event soon.

11. Sandra at Debutante Clothing July 31, 2011 at 8:41 pm #

Thanks for the shout out Heather! It was nice meeting you and your hubby. I hope to see you around at more events!

• Heather Fonseca August 2, 2011 at 5:27 pm #

I look forward to seeing you again Sandra!

1. Shorts – an outfit post | Style Confessions - July 26, 2011

[…]  (If for some reason you missed the post and would like to see it, you can do so by clicking here.) After the picnic my husband took some photos of my outfit, which I had carefully prepared to look […]