Some new fashion illustrations

Many of my readers know that when I’m not working on my blog I design doll outfits for toy companies.  (Hopefully sometime in the future, when the products make it to market, I’ll share with you what I’ve been doing.) It’s a very creative career that I really enjoy.

In addition to my freelance doll design work I’m also interested in branching out into fashion illustration. So when the opportunities to create some of these hand-painted sketches come my way I always try to work them in, even if I’m super busy.  This summer such an opportunity popped up, and I jumped on it! These illustrations were created for a line of hats called “L for Lazarus”.  These elegant winter hats, called “echapeau”, include a scarf that can be worn different ways depending upon the needs of the wearer. Here’s an excerpt from the L for Lazarus website:

“Echapeau (Noun): Derived fron the French words for scarf and hat (echarpe and chapeau) the L for Lazarus echapeau is an elegant combination of both.  The unique design, with it’s popper fastening system, means the echapeau can be worn as one stylish piece, or as a classic hat and scarf set, or as individual items.”

The designer needed black and white illustrations that showed how her hats could work with a number of different outfits.  To see photos of the actual hats please click here.

I hope you like them as much as I do! Do you have a favorite?

, ,

15 Responses to Some new fashion illustrations

1. Leia October 4, 2011 at 10:00 am #

You are just too talented for words! I want to BE all the ladies in the images!

2. The L FOR LAZARUS Team October 4, 2011 at 10:47 am #

Thanks Heather. we’re absolutely loving the illustrations.

And Leia, we’ve looked at your blog and love your stylish looks!

3. Alexis of NorthOnHarper October 4, 2011 at 11:30 am #

I seriously love your illustrations— you really are so talented!
    Alexis of NorthOnHarper recently posted..Chloé’s ComebackMy Profile

4. brookemeagan October 4, 2011 at 6:05 pm #

Oh I love getting to see your illustrations. You are such a talent! I wish illustrating was something that came naturally to me, but I’ve come to accept that it’s just not my calling! I was trying to pick a favorite but I just love them all! You did such an amazing job, Heather! I must check out the website.
    brookemeagan recently posted..The ElementsMy Profile

5. Paula October 5, 2011 at 5:00 pm #

Love to see your drawings and good luck GF with all your projects!
    My fave hat is the fuzzy one–these would be so perfect for the cold here in the NE!
    Paula recently posted..Another Rule BrokenMy Profile

6. Heather Fonseca October 5, 2011 at 8:01 pm #

Thank you so much everyone! Glad you like them. I have to do more.

Heather

7. Sharon October 6, 2011 at 3:11 pm #

I love seeing your illustrations. I can not draw at all. Once I really tried to learn. I guess we are born with different talents. I like how you dressed the girl in outfits that really do match the hats. Very cool.
    Sharon recently posted..Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 CollectionMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 7, 2011 at 6:29 pm #

Thanks so much Sharon! I come from a very artistic family, so it’s probably in the genes. (:

October 8, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

Your illustrations are amazing Heather – I love them all! I hope you continue to show us more of your work.
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..Boo at the ZooMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 11, 2011 at 10:04 pm #

Thank you Stacey! I have to find some time to make some more. I’ve been super busy working with my clients in the toy industry so the fashion illustrations have to wait until I have more time on my hands.

9. THE-LOUDMOUTH
    October 9, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

These are incredible! You are so wonderfully talented.
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Dress Loudly :: Weekly UpdateMy Profile

10. Veronica of Best of Palm Beach October 10, 2011 at 8:14 pm #

Heather you are so talented!!! I have been seeing your illustrations on Tumblr and they are truly amazing. My favorite is actually not on this post, I think you posted it to tumblr earlier today.
    Veronica of Best of Palm Beach recently posted..Dressed To Kill: Roberto Cavalli & Rachel RoyMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 11, 2011 at 9:56 pm #

I’m trying to post all my photos and illustrations to Tumblr, and then just post my favorites here so there’s not too too much to absorb. I’m so glad you like them!

11. andri world news October 12, 2011 at 1:16 am #

wow … these fashions ilustrations are yours??
    andri world news recently posted..Xbox live update october 2011 may pave way for tomorrowMy Profile