The Lady of the Trailer

Every time I go camping I instinctively pack old jeans that no longer fit, boxy L.L. Bean jackets, Patagonia fleece sweaters, a shredded denim skirt purchased ages ago at Target, sweats and faded T-shirts that I normally wear for my daily jog. Throw in an ancient pair of sneakers and I look, well, nothing short of frumpy. I’m in good company.  Everyone else at the campground is wearing some variation on the same theme.

The other day as I packed for another outdoor adventure I decided to try a new approach.  We were headed to a lovely stretch of sand located next to a charming ocean-side town of Carpenteria.  The campground sits right on the beach, and the closest we get to “roughing it” is cuddling up in a sleeping bag in the trailer.  We even make coffee in an electric coffee maker.  I didn’t see why I needed to wear fleece and sweats.

So I packed my favorite jeans, cute shoes, and even my new faux fur jacket. After a few days in the campground I can see why I normally pack old fleece and ancient jeans. My faux fur jacket was cozy warm, but not the best choice for camp cooking.  (The damage isn’t noticeable, but a bit of the fur on one sleeve melted together while I was placing corn on the grill.) Thankfully the campfire ember that landed on my favorite jeans didn’t burn a hole through the leg and I don’t even want to recall the looks I got from other campers as I strolled the asphalt in my new Missoni for Target heels.

But I look pretty glam don’t I?

• Jacket – “Gallery” purchased at Nordstroms
  • T-shirt – Target
  • Jeans – J Brand
  • Necklace – Cara Couture
  • Shoes – Missoni for Target

What do you wear camping?

, , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to The Lady of the Trailer

1. mary jo
    November 8, 2011 at 1:00 pm #

omg, you snagged some missoni shoes at target–I’m impressed! love your trailer outfit, it looks great!

trustyourstyle.com
    mary jo recently posted..art inspired: edward ruscha, the back of hollywoodMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 8, 2011 at 7:11 pm #

Thank you Mary Jo! My friend Ariane snagged the shoes at Target for me.

2. lissy
    November 8, 2011 at 5:19 pm #

I’m sure you were the most fab dressed person at the campground. Love the faux fur jacket!
    lissy recently posted..Black is the New BlackMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 8, 2011 at 7:10 pm #

Why thank you, I think I was, except of course for the children, who manage to take 6 things that don’t match and combine them in a way that looks just fabulous.

3. Alexis of NorthOnHarper November 8, 2011 at 5:42 pm #

LOVE THESE PHOTOS…. they have me laughing and applauding
    Alexis of NorthOnHarper recently posted..Feet FirstMy Profile

November 9, 2011 at 2:31 am #

Wonderful. Great styling and photographs!
    Sylvia recently posted..What I wore to the ArtScience museumMy Profile

5. Dress Code: High Fashion
    November 9, 2011 at 1:41 pm #

OMG I`m so jealous of your perfectly-fitting jeans! That is just the pair of jeans I want!

…it just seems there isn`t a pair of jeans for me in this universe… :/
    Dress Code: High Fashion recently posted..Retrospective: Gucci Campaign F/W 08/09 by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh MatadinMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 9, 2011 at 6:04 pm #

I didn’t think there was a pair of jeans for me on this planet until I found J-Brand. They are super crazy long, so even though I’m 5’9″ tall I have to have them shortened, but other than that they fit great. Try a pair! I have to assume they sell them across the pond.

6. THE-LOUDMOUTH
    November 10, 2011 at 9:38 pm #

What a fun photoshoot. You look awesome!
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Giveaway :: Win a Shabby Apple dress!My Profile

7. Jamillah November 12, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

I don’t really camp…but damn girl you look great! That trailer is amazing the missoni for target heels are fantastic!-whatever to the stares!

And thank goodness no burn holes in your fave jeans.
    Jamillah recently posted..Smile File-Life is GrandMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 12, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

Thanks Jamillah! Actually, that’s not my trailer. Oh how I wish it was! I do so love Airstreams. Ours isn’t quite as photogenic, so we chose a different one for a backdrop.

November 12, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

Yes! You look very glam!!
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..{Published} Riverdale Press SnowstormMy Profile

9. Jecy March 22, 2013 at 8:12 pm #

Hi! I love you dress. They are really nice. You are looking good on the picture.

1. Links with style: knitted scarves, winter style, desert photography, fashion and art, nail art - November 11, 2011

[…] Heather is showing us how to look good, even while camping […]

2. Buy Guaranteed Facebook Fans - November 29, 2011

Extra Reading…

[…]we like to honor other sites on the web, even if they aren’t related to us, by linking to them. Below are some sites worth checking out[…]…

3. Business Card Design - December 11, 2011

Check These Out…

[…]check below, are some totally unrelated websites to ours, however, they are most trustworthy sources that we use[…]…