Camping Chic

I love camping, but finding ways to “rough it” and still look good is an ongoing challenge. Sometimes I come up with a really cute outfit. Sometimes it’s a total fail. On our last expedition I paired this military style jacket with a camouflage mini skirt. I felt chic yet authentic.  The belt is a new addition found on sale at the end of summer. (I don’t usually belt my jackets but I love the look on other women and thought I’d try it out.) The purse is a vintage Japanese tourist bag.

• Jacket – Calson
  • Turtleneck t-shirt – Target
  • Belt – Converse
  • Skirt – The Gap
  • Purse – A gift
  • Watch – Timex
  • Shoes – Sketchers

What do you think of camping?  Should how you look even be an issue when you’re living out of a tent?

, , , , ,

18 Responses to Camping Chic

1. mary jo
    November 10, 2011 at 11:22 am #

Heather, love everything about this outfit! The length of the jacket, the length of the skirt, the belt, the bag! So great!

mary jo recently posted..please show on-pch.com some love!My Profile

November 10, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

I don’t really do camping anymore these days. Way back when, I just wore what’s comfortable, practical and what dries quick. I still have memories of being in wet tents with all my clothes being wet while backpacking through Europe. Oh, the joys…. You did a very good good of looking camping ready and casual. Great chic-casual outfit!
    Sylvia recently posted..Makeup: Is it essential for women (over 40)?My Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 10, 2011 at 9:37 pm #

We have a little trailer so it’s a bit more civilized than living out of a tent! But I did enjoy those days too. Certainly I was less concerned about how I looked and more concerned about bugs and stuff.

I’m so glad you like my outfit. I was very pleased with myself.

3. Alexis of NorthOnHarper November 10, 2011 at 7:27 pm #

This outfit works soooo well. I would not have the foresigth to put the pieces together like you did, but it really works!

• Heather Fonseca November 10, 2011 at 9:39 pm #

Lost of camping experience on this end! It’s really just like regular packing, you need bring clothes that coordinate and that work with the weather and situations you foresee. I only had to pack for two days, so it was pretty easy. Glad you like the look.

4. THE-LOUDMOUTH
    November 10, 2011 at 9:40 pm #

That bag is super cool. Are those Chinese symbols? I’m bad with languages. Anyway, your outfit is pretty damn cool! You have an uncanny ability to put together pieces that I wouldn’t think of.
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Look :: Everything is an event.My Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 11, 2011 at 8:42 am #

Thanks Stephanie! I think the bag is Japanese actually. It is cool isn’t it? My father gave it to me years ago. It’s gotten kind of thrashed, but I still love it.

5. hautepinkpretty November 11, 2011 at 3:36 pm #

love the combination!
    Xox <3 An
    Enter my giveaway for a pair of Buffalo Skinny Jeans :)

6. citizen rosebud
    November 12, 2011 at 8:01 am #

I LOVE that bag! It’s like a vintage travel bag, but with Japanese writing- so cool.

I think we shouldn’t obsess about our looks while camping while that said, I think we should look good, decent. Easy comfortable and practical are essential elements, but in no way look like a bum.

You do this camping look so well- practical- all garments can take some dirt and still look good, all are comfortable and loose fitting and you look smart.
    citizen rosebud recently posted..Getting NakedMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 12, 2011 at 5:48 pm #

Thanks Bella I’m so glad you approve of my camping looks. They were fun to put together.

7. Scarflady November 12, 2011 at 11:57 am #

I used to love camping. I never thought much about what I was wearing then. My daughter always tells me it is important to dress up because then you will feel better about yourself. Looking at you made me rethink the issue. Your outfit is awesome. My only question is aren’t you worried about bending over in that adorable short skirt? My outfit today usually consists of jeans or sweats. Thank you for some great ideas

• Heather Fonseca November 12, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

You know I’m careful when I bend over in short skirts, I try to kneel down rather than bend over. But it could certainly be an issue! Thanks so much for stopping by.

November 12, 2011 at 3:13 pm #

Heather you are so funny! You’re the best dressed camper I’ve ever seen. :) I’m soooo not into camping but if I did go, would probably wear jeans, t-shirt and hiking boots.
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..{Published} Riverdale Press SnowstormMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 12, 2011 at 5:26 pm #

Sounds like a good outfit for camping to me! Hiking boots are a nice thing to have for camping actually. I don’t have a pair anymore, but then I don’t like hiking all that much.

9. Lucy November 15, 2011 at 5:19 am #

Great outfit!
    I seriously need to get that bag!!
    I usually just end up in jeans and converse when we go camping, packing for myself is usually an after though after doing the kids and all the essentials!
    Lucy recently posted..Just Dance 3My Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 15, 2011 at 11:23 am #

Hi Lucy, The bag is vintage and I’ve had it for a while, but I’m sure there’s something similar out there somewhere. I totally know how you feel about camping and packing. My kids are getting to the age where they can pack themselves, thank goodness!