A Passion for Plaid

Oh how I love plaid…

…especially when it twirls.

• Plaid dress – Willow and Clay
  • Necklace – Forever 21
  • Scarf – A gift
  • Purse – The Gap
  • Boots – Enzo

Like leopard print and python, plaid comes in and out of fashion every few years, but it never really leaves the scene completely.  I believe it will probably explode into a major trend in the next few years, but currently it’s still rather difficult to locate.  I’ve been searching without success for a plaid skirt so when I beheld this little dress and realized the price was within my means, I jumped on it.

Currently I have a rather small collection of plaid pieces including the purse I wore in the photos. It was a gift from my mother a few years ago, and I love its boldness.

Do you like plaid?  Are you wearing it this fall and if so, how?

, , , ,

28 Responses to A Passion for Plaid

1. Marissa - afterflats.com November 21, 2011 at 6:34 pm #

wow! I love your boots! of course, your plaid dress too!

2. Jeannie
    November 22, 2011 at 4:51 am #

You’re rockin’ that plaid dress and boots! Your photos are stunning.

3. Sharon November 22, 2011 at 10:03 am #

You look great from head to toe. I like the dress and the boots. I need to get myself some plaid in my closet. I don’t own any.
    Sharon recently posted..5 Small Reasons Why I am ThankfulMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 22, 2011 at 10:58 am #

Thanks Sharon. I really do love plaid, it’s not a print exactly (The pattern is woven into the fabric) but it works like a print in one’s wardrobe creating immediate interest. Plus it’s classic! Perhaps you could get some fab plaid heels? I would like a pair myself for my plaid collection!

4. Paula November 22, 2011 at 4:31 pm #

What a different dress–I love the shape! it looks swirly. and the photos are really great–love the blurry background.
    Plaid? not my favorite–but I do have some pieces I love. and you are right–it always comes back!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Paula recently posted..SparklesMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 22, 2011 at 6:16 pm #

Happy thanksgiving to you too Paula! I’m glad you like the dress. I think plaid is something that people either like or don’t like. I really like it but I’m not big on prints. Go figure.

5. danielle November 22, 2011 at 7:35 pm #

i love plaid. i’m wearing it by revisiting my purple plaid urban outfitters top from a few years ago!

• Heather Fonseca November 23, 2011 at 5:34 pm #

And you purple plaid shirt is so cute! (I wonder why the commentluv didn’t work? Hmmm.)

6. Dress Code: High Fashion
    November 22, 2011 at 8:51 pm #

OMG I love this so much!

Picture 1 could seriously be a Ralph Lauren ad!

Kudos for you for combining different plaids.

Love, Jen
    Dress Code: High Fashion recently posted..15 Style Tips for MenMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 23, 2011 at 5:31 pm #

Thanks Jen! I’m really glad you like it. Your blog posts with all the designer shows really inspire me too, and you’ve been showing quite a bit of plaid recently.

7. Alexis of NorthOnHarper November 22, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

This is such a cool dress… I love how you paired it with that bag….
    Alexis of NorthOnHarper recently posted..Festive FootwearMy Profile

8. citizen rosebud
    November 23, 2011 at 9:09 am #

Oh gurl, I absolutely agree. And I KNOW it’s coming back in a big way since I cleared out my formidable polka dot stash and replaced with obscene amounts of plaid. Madness. But crazy like a fox for this wonder print.

And speaking of wonders, you look WONDERFULL in your gorgeous black watch plaid dress (one of my favorite plaid prints) and the classic styling gets my heart a’pounding!

the Citizen Rosebud
    Enter my Karina Dress Give-Away!
    citizen rosebud recently posted..Subtle Paisley + Small Business SaturdayMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 23, 2011 at 5:29 pm #

Oh I didn’t know it was black watch plaid – thanks so much for the info! I’m glad you like the dress. I feel very fortunate to have found it. I think you inspired me with all your plaid posts!

November 23, 2011 at 6:53 pm #

Great outfit and fabulous pictures! It’s been a long time since I wore plaid. I used to have a really cute skirt but it’s long gone. And since I’m living in warmer climates since then, I have not been tempted to buy it again.
    Sylvia recently posted..How not to look old – a book reviewMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 24, 2011 at 9:48 am #

All my plaid is wishful thinking. It’s often warm here when it’s not supposed to be warm (like fall) and cold as heck when it’s supposed to be warm (spring can be damp, chilly and foggy in L.A.) This dress is nice because it’s very lightweight, so I can look like I’m dressed for fall even if it’s 70’s degrees and sunny. Still haven’t figured out how to dress for spring here though. Sigh.

November 23, 2011 at 8:06 pm #

Great photo of you standing in the bamboo!
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..Free Printable – Thanksgiving Place CardsMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 24, 2011 at 9:44 am #

Thanks so much! I do really love that shot. Very moody.

11. Lena December 1, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

Very cute sundress and love your haircut.

12. Lena December 1, 2011 at 6:51 pm #

The last shot looks like something out of a magazine. Nice pic.
    Lena recently posted..Cute Gift Idea Flavored Popcorn KitMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca December 2, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

Thanks Lena! I’m so glad you like it. I was very happy with how the images turned out.

13. Megan December 22, 2011 at 2:45 pm #

You look so amazing, love those boots from Enzo
    Megan recently posted..Kmart CouponsMy Profile

14. plaid skirts for women June 1, 2012 at 6:10 am #

You’re rockin’ that plaid dress and boots! great photos!

1. A plaid dress for fall - November 19, 2012

[...] on the hunt for a plaid skirt. Normally I wear it layered with tights, boots and scarves like I did here, but this year the autumn months have been so warm that even the cropped denim jacket I’m [...]