This has been a really stellar week for me and my blog. Not only was my post “Three Glamorous Lipsticks (From the Drugstore!)” chosen to be part of this week’s Links a la Mode, but Bella posted a delightful article about me on The Citizen Rosebud. If you haven’t seen it please check out Heather Fonseca: Doll Designer vs. Personal Style Blogger.
There are a number of talented individuals joining me on the Independent Fashion Bloggers line up of the best posts of the week, but one in particular has written a really inspirational post. If you are a fashion blogger be sure to read Over 50 Feeling 40: “Beginning to Process how bloggers can make a difference for small businesses”. The author makes a very good case for supporting unknown designers and small companies. Yes, I do love Chanel, Gucci and Tom Ford, but it’s nice to see some other designers being featured on fashion blogs too. In December I always start thinking of goals for the new year. One of them will definitely be writing about lesser known and local designers here on The Style Confessions.
I hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend. Happy Christmas shopping!
Links For Your Holidays!
Edited by: Collette Osuna of Statements in Fashion
At the risk of sounding like a Christmas song, isn’t this the most wonderful time of the year?
I love hearing all the Holiday music playing in the stores! Trees are getting trimmed, gifts are being purchased, and people for the most part, haven’t forgotten the true meaning of the season. I’m taking some time over the next few weeks to re-vamp my closet, bake up some Holiday goodies, and make some new memories with my family and friends. However you may be spending the Holidays, be safe and keep the ones you love near to your heart. I will see you in the New Year!
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: DECEMBER 8TH
- Acquaallegoria: December dressing: How to rock a festively fug-a-licious jacket
- Ambassador of Fashion: Village Style: Thrifting in NYC
- Arash Mazinani: A guide for those wanting to buy clothes as gifts for Christmas this year.
- Boyish Chic: Home decor gift ideas for the boyish chic fashionista in your life!
- Coming Unstitched: How to be a really cute snow bunny.
- Ethical Fashion Blog: Ethical outfit competition winners – some very stylish and sustainable ladies
- Fact This Blog is Awesome: Quick Under Eye Circle makeup tutorial
- Fashion is Evolution: How I made a belt from an old Dior keychain I never used
- High Point Shoulder: How to dress comfortably & warm in the winter and still be chic
- In Her Glam: Style inspiration from Ashley Davenport, Victoria Grayson’s assistant on ABC’s hit drama Revenge
- Joyful Outfits: How to wear a denim shirt in the winter
- Little Miss Makeup: How to do wedding makeup the modern way
- Over 50 Feeling 40: Beginning to Process how bloggers can make a difference for small businesses
- Pandippo: Killer heels and a necklace stolen from my mom
- Pippa Holliday: Get out of bed hair – Bed Head
- Statements in Fashion: Our Christmas Home
- Synthetic Elegance: Illustrated holiday gift guide
- The Dapper Bun: Outfit Of The Day: Decorating the Christmas Tree
- The Frugalista Diaries: DIY Jeweled Collared Sweater
- The Style Confessions: Three inexpensive yet glamorous red lipsticks from the drugstore
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine