“What Katie Did” Vintage Lingerie – a party at her store in Hollywood

What, you might ask, is going on in this photo?  Lingerie hangs in neat rows on the left, a Christmas tree sparkles in the middle and two women talk in the corner as if they were at a party.   The venue is the new “What Katie Did” boutique in Hollywood.  The women are me and Katie, the designer and entrepeneur behind this fabulous collection of vintage inspired lingerie . The tree is there because the event took place on December 8th, and the whole place was sparkling with holiday fun.

I found the store through my husband, who noticed it on one of his afternoon jogs around the neighborhood.  He insisted we go back to take a closer look. We did and I was hooked.  I love vintage lingerie, in fact somewhere on Facebook there’s a photo of me at a costume party dressed in a bullet bra and 1950′s girdle.  It isn’t exactly easy to find vintage lingerie that fits however, so this line of sexy undergarments was a very exciting discovery.  If you’re interested in seeing more the full line is available through their website: http://www.whatkatiedid.us.com/. Here are a few photos to whet your appetite.

The party at the store was a lot of fun.  I was especially excited to meet Katie, who is a charming woman and a real inspiration. She told me that when she could no longer find the stockings she liked she decided to start manufacturing them herself, and “What Katie Did” was started. Now she offers lingerie and vintage inspired bathing suits as well as old-fashioned stockings.  Katie told me she wears the lingerie herself at least 90% of the time and I can see why.  I wish all my underwear was this pretty!  Here are a few more photos of the party, Katie, and the boutique.

Have you ever heard of “What Katie Did”?  Do you like vintage lingerie?  Would you ever wear any of these pieces?

, ,

18 Responses to “What Katie Did” Vintage Lingerie – a party at her store in Hollywood

1. anne
    December 15, 2011 at 11:13 am #

Oh! Thank you Heather for revealing this amazing discovery. I must brave the Hollywood traffic (and parking restrictions) and get my butt over there!
    Those corselets are TDF!

I love the look of the lady in the grey circle skirt. She is so well put together.
    anne recently posted..where in the world? The GettyMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca December 16, 2011 at 5:38 pm #

Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to talk to the lady in the grey skirt but she did look great. The store isn’t really in Hollywood, it’s more near fairfax (but Hollywood does sound better). I haven’t had a problem with the parking when I’ve visited.

December 16, 2011 at 12:39 am #

This looks like a wonderful store. I’m not a big buyer of lingerie, but I can appreciate all the garments here. Also loved how all those ladies were dressed!
    Sylvia recently posted..Why you need to get yourself a drape dressMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca December 16, 2011 at 5:37 pm #

Everyone was beautifully dressed in vintage. It was very cool. Personally I feel lingerie should be as beautiful as it is wearable, and I find much lingerie out there is beautiful but silly. These pieces I can actually wear under clothing, which I love!

3. Alexis Grace December 16, 2011 at 2:10 pm #

The store, the lingerie— it all looks quite glamorous! I will have to check it out!
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Pampered PresentsMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca December 16, 2011 at 5:35 pm #

I hope you have time to check it out. The store is on Melrose Avenue on the south side of the street a few blocks West of Fairfax. Let me know what you think!

4. THE-LOUDMOUTH
    December 17, 2011 at 7:36 pm #

What an awesome event, and I love your outfit here!!! I’m definitely gonna check out the site… I think we’ve discussed the similarity of our ample bosoms before, so if you like it I’m sure I will.
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..I’m shopping for free (and you can, too!)My Profile

• Heather Fonseca December 18, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

It’s a great store! If you’re over on this side of the hill you should check it out for sure.

5. Dress Code: High Fashion
    December 18, 2011 at 8:55 am #

Fur & velvet! Courageous but it works on you! You look glamorous and it`s a fantasic holiday-party look (+ I love that you underlined your own personality instead of going for “the retro-pin-up uniform” like the other girls).

Hope you`re having a nice weekend, Jen
    Dress Code: High Fashion recently posted..Retrospective: Givenchy Haute Couture ‘Eclect Dissect’, F/W 1997/1998, by Alexander McQueenMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca December 18, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

I’m so glad you approve! I thought the outfit was pretty but the skirt is a bit hard to wear just because velvet doesn’t seem to look “right” now, but I still love it. I’t probably the most flattering skirt I own.

6. Ofelia December 18, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

What a fantastic place to spend an evening and some cash!
    By the way you look very chic!

7. P.K. Cravens December 19, 2011 at 6:30 am #

Hi Heather,
    First,thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments. I found that discontinued pattern on the internet of course. Second, I love “What Katie Did”. I am a sucker for seamed stockings and love vintage clothing. I am starting to fall hard for 1940′s wear. Looking forward to the new series “Bomb Girls” to see how they are costumed.

• Heather Fonseca December 19, 2011 at 5:12 pm #

All these new retro TV shows are really inspirational aren’t they! I’m glad you enjoyed the post on “What Katie Did”. It was very cool meeting her too. She’s a nice person, very unassuming.
      I found the pattern after a bit of looking but I have so little time to sew these day’s AND I’m trying to just use the patterns I already have, and I have quite a few. Still, that dress looked amazing on you!

8. M
    December 20, 2011 at 9:06 pm #

What a cute store! This place looks like so much fun. I can definitely appreciate beautiful lingerie :)
    M recently posted..Holiday sparkleMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca December 21, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

The place is dangerous! I’ve already purchased two lingerie ensembles – because really what’s the point of having a beautiful new bra without the matching panties. It’s getting to be an expensive destination! But I agree, it’s a cute store.

9. Reagan Foy December 22, 2011 at 11:46 am #

Lovely article on the event. By the way I was the lady in the grey skirt so thank you for the compliments, especially because I had made that hat and skirt up for the event that morning! I’m hoping to get my post up on the event soon. Wonderful photography as well.
    Reagan Foy recently posted..The HoneybeesMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca December 23, 2011 at 5:10 pm #

I loved your outfit! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I’d love to see your post on the event so if you can please send it to me.

1. Vintage Lingerie Store | Vintage Lingerie Auction - December 30, 2011

[...] Retro style vintage lingerie from Kiss Me Deadly For those fans of retro and vintage lingerie and p…Q;hl=en_GB&fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" [...]