Not Your Daughter’s Jeans – I love you!

If you’re looking for a denim brand that offers a fabulous fit, large range of sizes, lots of leg styles and a variety of both trendy and classic colors, look no further than “Not Your Daughter’s Jeans”. I gushed about this brand in the post “White Jeans and Street Art” and now I’m going to gush some more. NYD jeans have taken a lot of the worry out of jean shopping. “Worry?” you might ask yourself.  How could jean shopping be worrisome? Well just as some women fear bathing suit shopping I fear trying on jeans. Historically these fly front denim pants have looked bad on me.  There’s always something wrong with the fit in the rear end and I find the muffin-top thing as upsetting as it is unflattering. Add to this all the different brands, cuts, fabrics, lengths, styles, prices and colors available these days and find myself completely overwhelmed. NYD jeans offers lots of colors and leg styles but the cut through the hips and waist is the same throughout the clothing line. This it takes out one big piece of the worry.  I know when I grab a pair of NYD jeans that I’m going to fit in a size 8 or 10 and they will look and fit the same way every time. No more “I love this color and cut but the super low-rise looks absurd” situations or concern over how the jeans will look once they’ve stretched out after an hour of wear.

This is my second pair of NYD jeans. It filled a vacant spot in my wardrobe where the “fabulous dark denim jeans” were supposed to live.  Before discovering NYD jeans I was a fan of the very expensive, very tight, J Brand jeans.  I had two fabulous pairs of them in dark denim, but they no longer have the same sexy fit now that I weigh a few pounds less than when I bought them.

Jeans are very much in style here in Los Angeles.  I’d say a good 50% of the women on the street are wearing jeans or denim shorts.  This phenomenon occurs year round because the warm, dry, climate is pretty much perfect for jeans.  It’s also a very casual place, and denim has that laid-back chic that’s so in vogue here in the sunshine state. After years of avoiding the trend I’m finally embracing it like my fellow Angelenos, and it feels great!  Still, I like getting a little dressed up, so I wore my new jeans with a classic cotton trench, matching beige platform sandals and a button down cotton blouse.

I would love to tell you that Not Your Daughter’s Jeans was showering me with fabulous free jeans to present on my blog but the truth is I purchased these myself. They have not paid me for this endorsement.  I just love the line and want to share my enthusiasm with you.

Jeans – Not Your Daughter’s Jeans

Trench – No tags, purchased at a local consignment store

Blouse – Tommy Hillfigger

Purse – Hobo

Sandals – Roberto de Carlo

If you like this outfit I’ve found a few similar pieces on Lyst.com for you:

• Tommy Hilfiger Short Sleeve Printed Button Down
  • Swedish Hasbeens Swedish Hasbeens Womens Peep Toe High Clog
  • Tommy Hilfiger Nena Short Sleeve Printed Button Down
  • Tommy Hilfiger Short Sleeve Button Down
  • Swedish Hasbeens Swedish Hasbeens Womens 336 Tstrap Sandal

Do you have a favorite denim brand?

, , ,

16 Responses to Not Your Daughter’s Jeans – I love you!

1. Pam
    June 7, 2012 at 4:59 pm #

These jeans look great and I love the trench with them!

2. THE-LOUDMOUTH
    June 7, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

You look adorable! Love the jacket with these jeans. I have trouble jeans shopping myself — I definitely have a muffin top issue! Pretty much all of my pants are high-waisted which helps hold everything in. 😉 I’ll have to try this brand!
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Look :: Style Cheater Goes to DisneylandMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca June 11, 2012 at 10:48 am #

Hi Steph. I think you might like NYD jeans if you like high-waisted pants. I’d love to hear what you think of them if you do get to try a pair. Let me know.

June 8, 2012 at 6:27 am #

I LIVE in jeans! I will have to try these. I also dread jean shopping. Nothing fits right. Lately I have been liking jeans from Express. They seem to be good for my butt! 🙂
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..Live, Work, Create.My Profile

• Heather Fonseca June 11, 2012 at 10:47 am #

It’s so hard to find jeans that fit. I’ve had luck with J Brand but they’re really expensive and often too low in the rise too. Out here both Nordstroms and Macy’s sell NYD jeans. They’re often in a different area than the other jeans, sort of near the “lady” section of the store if you know what I mean (lol).Be sure to try on a size lower than your usual dress size. They run really big.

June 8, 2012 at 10:32 am #

I’m aware of Not Your Daughter’s Jeans, they are a great fit! My personal favourite brand is Nudie, a Swedish brand. The fit is awesome and they’re not too expensive either!
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Enter ‘The Fashion-Misters’My Profile

• Heather Fonseca June 11, 2012 at 10:43 am #

I’ve never heard of Nudie. I wonder if they sell them here in the states. I’ll keep an eye open for them.

June 10, 2012 at 6:35 am #

They should pay you! Wonderful endorsement for the brand. I love your look with the trench!
    Sylvia recently posted..Wearing the trends and shopping the sales: Focus on red and coralMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca June 11, 2012 at 10:37 am #

Thanks Sylvia! Glad you like the trench. Its one of my more favorite recent purchases.

6. Greetje Kamminga June 10, 2012 at 11:35 am #

Hi Heather,
    I so agree with you. They also feel like jogging trousers. But don’t look it.
    I have three pair in dark blue, one white, one black and one brown. As they are not available everywhere in The Netherlands, I sometimes buy wider cuts and have them altered.
    J Brands is also a favourite of mine, like with you. And 7 For All Mankind. They all give me the bum I don’t have.
    You look very very good in these photos. Like your shoes a lot too. Can you walk on them?

• Heather Fonseca June 11, 2012 at 10:36 am #

Hi Greetje! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment too. Its cool to think that women in Europe like NYDjeans too! I had no idea they were available there.
      The shoes are actually pretty comfortable because although they have huge platform wood soles, the actual heel isn’t that high. I can walk in them but I only wear them to go out for dinner or other situation where I won’t be walking a lot.

7. Greetje Kamminga June 11, 2012 at 12:07 pm #

I bought similar shoes this year but I had to return them. They were gorgeous, but they stayed in the same place as my body moved away. Within 10 minutes I fell three times. Such a pity. Glad to hear that yours are better.

• Heather Fonseca June 11, 2012 at 10:29 pm #

OH my gosh if your shoes make you fall then they should go back to the store! I have returned things that don’t work, shoes included. I do make allowances for high heels being not too comfortable but I do have to be able to take a step without falling down.

1. Boyfriend Jeans - I love you! The Style Confessions™ - November 11, 2013

[…] flattering, chic and comfortable. Finally I discovered high-end denim brands like J-Brand and Not Your Daughters Jeans. They look amazing but unfortunately run between $100 and $200 a pair. I cringe every time I spend […]

2. Printed Jeans for Fall - The Style Confessions™ - November 22, 2013

[…] didn’t induce the dreaded muffin top. This year I found them. They’re made by NYDJ, my favorite denim brand. This new “legging” style, which you can see in this affiliate link, fit like a glove […]