There are dozens of fashion, style and beauty blogs on my Google Reader list. My favorite posts feature photos of the blogger’s personal style, but I also enjoy lifestyle articles, recipes and beauty reviews. It’s so much fun seeing what my favorite authors are reading as well, so I’m always happy to come across “Best Articles of the Week” kind of posts with links to other websites. Normally I post my favorite articles to Twitter and if I have time I leave a little comment too, but for the last couple months I’ve wanted to do more. It took The Citizen Rosebud’s amazing article on aging, fashion and Advanced Style to finally push me into creating a “Link Love” post here on The Style Confessions. So with no further ado, here are a few posts that have touched me in some way over the last few weeks. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
- The Citizen Rosebud sat down to flip through the newly published Advanced Style book and began to cry. Find out why in this poignant article: Inspiration Advanced Style.
- The creator of Could I Have That? proves that a shirt dress does not have to be boring and a zebra print dress can be über chic.
- Anne Bray of Spy Girl has an amazing collection of unusual vintage clothing. Her neon print shirts and dresses from the 1970’s are truly groovy.
- I found Arash Mazinani‘s post on how to tastefully carry around the newest, coolest, smart phone very amusing: Geek Chic: When Tech Tests Fashion.
- Queen in Heels gets into the Great Heels Debate.
- I don’t know if I would have the courage to take a toddler to a fashion show, but this photo from Street Style Aesthetic made me smile anyway.
- Even The Glamourai has felt self-conscious in jeans. Who knew?
- The eternally chic Garance Dore ponders the perfect body and it it’s worth the work it takes to get one.
- Urban Decay’s “Naked” palette is the darling of fashionistas everywhere but not everyone can afford $50 for an eyeshadow palette. Thankfully Nouveau Cheap gives us the scoop on similar but less expensive versions of the wildly trendy palette in Breaking it down: a comprehensive list of Urban Decay Naked Palette dupes
- Have you ever been interested in visiting the exotic city of Jaipur in India? No? Well this post by Leia’s Delights might change your mind: Jaipur
So there they are! Do you like “link love” posts like this one? Is there an article you liked in particular? I love hearing from my readers so if you have time please share your thoughts in the comment section below.