Blogs in Style: Ten Fabulous Posts from Around the Web

There are dozens of fashion, style and beauty blogs on my Google Reader list. My favorite posts feature photos of the blogger’s personal style, but I also enjoy lifestyle articles, recipes and beauty reviews. It’s so much fun seeing what my favorite authors are reading as well, so I’m always happy to come across “Best Articles of the Week” kind of posts with links to other websites. Normally I post my favorite articles to Twitter and if I have time I leave a little comment too, but for the last couple months I’ve wanted to do more.  It took The Citizen Rosebud’s amazing article on aging, fashion and Advanced Style to finally push me into creating a “Link Love” post here on The Style Confessions. So with no further ado, here are a few posts that have touched me in some way over the last few weeks. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

1. The Citizen Rosebud sat down to flip through the newly published Advanced Style book and began to cry.  Find out why in this poignant  article: Inspiration Advanced Style.
  2. The creator of Could I Have That? proves that a shirt dress does not have to be boring and a zebra print dress can be über chic.
  3. Anne Bray of Spy Girl has an amazing collection of unusual vintage clothing.  Her neon print shirts and dresses from the 1970’s are truly groovy.
  4. I found Arash Mazinani‘s post on how to tastefully carry around the newest, coolest, smart phone very amusing: Geek Chic: When Tech Tests Fashion.
  5. Queen in Heels gets into the Great Heels Debate.
  6. I don’t know if I would have the courage to take a toddler to a fashion show, but this photo from Street Style Aesthetic made me smile anyway.
  7. Even The Glamourai has felt self-conscious in jeans. Who knew?
  8. The eternally chic Garance Dore ponders the perfect body and it it’s worth the work it takes to get one.
  9. Urban Decay’s “Naked” palette is the darling of fashionistas everywhere but not everyone can afford $50 for an eyeshadow palette. Thankfully Nouveau Cheap gives us the scoop on similar but less expensive versions of the wildly trendy palette in Breaking it down: a comprehensive list of Urban Decay Naked Palette dupes
  10. Have you ever been interested in visiting the exotic city of Jaipur in India?  No?  Well this post by Leia’s Delights might change your mind: Jaipur

So there they are!  Do you like “link love” posts like this one? Is there an article you liked in particular? I love hearing from my readers so if you have time please share your thoughts in the comment section below.

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to Blogs in Style: Ten Fabulous Posts from Around the Web

June 23, 2012 at 8:13 am #

Thank you so much for including me in your very first link love post. I always appreciate it when people link me, comment, tweet, interact in any sort of way on the digital landscape.

I look forward to see more of these posts as well to see if I can find interesting new blogs to follow.
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Geek Chic: When Tech Tests FashionMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca June 24, 2012 at 10:19 am #

I seriously loved your Geek Chic article! I don’t think all that much about men’s fashion or the things that might make it difficult to be fashionable. The whole pocket thing was really interesting to me.

2. anne the SpyGirl
    June 24, 2012 at 12:42 pm #

Oh, Heather, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for including me in such august company.
    Bella nailed the ageism subject that we got into discussion on in your Guise post. Could I Have That’s shirt dress? Yes, please! (I followed your tweet on that one last week). Look forward to reading more of your links.
    Love link loves!
    anne the SpyGirl recently posted..Pattern Max – #OOTDMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca June 25, 2012 at 8:41 am #

Thanks Anne. I loved Bella’s post and just had to share it. Everything she said was so true!

3. Jamillah June 24, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

I loooooove link love posts! I really really do. It’s great to see what my bloggy homies are reading. I discover so many new blogs to read thru link love posts and was really thrilled to see our very first one!

I looooved Bella’s post on Advanced Style! Soooo beautifully written.
    Jamillah recently posted..Guest Post: Eco-Chic at the Beach by Susan of Instyle SwimwearMy Profile

4. Sharon June 25, 2012 at 8:06 am #

Thank you for including my post. I really appreciate it. I have not keep up on my Saturday link love posts. I have really been telling myself to get back into doing that. I have been reading so many great blogs lately. So, I have no excuse when it comes to subject matter.
    Sharon recently posted..I’m REDy Because I am UnafraidMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca June 25, 2012 at 8:38 am #

There are some great blog posts popping up recently. I read everything on my I pad via an app called “reeder”. It allows me to email a link to myself easily, which helps!

5. Patricia
    June 25, 2012 at 11:44 am #

Wow, this is a great way to help people keep up with you.

• Heather Fonseca June 26, 2012 at 10:07 am #

You do a few link love posts too I’ve noticed Patricia!

June 26, 2012 at 7:11 am #

yes, it’s always fun to get these lists. Certainly from people that I find inspiring myself! I wanted to do a weekly one as well, but as always time gets in the way…..
    Sylvia recently posted..15 steps to acquiring style if you are not born with itMy Profile

1. Blogs in Style: Ten Fabulous Posts from Around the Web | Placedelamode - July 11, 2012

[…] Blogs in Style: Ten Fabulous Posts from Around the Web  » http:// thestyleconfessions.com […]