One of the things I love about reading blogs is that they are set in the here and now. Magazines, by their very nature, must be planned and created months in advance, but bloggers only need a few days to create their posts. As a result the web has a timely quality that resonates with me. Pretty soon the fashion mags will be full of dark colors and heavy textures, but I’m not ready for the seriousness of autumn. I’m interested in warm weather, bathing suits, family vacations and other fun-in-the-sun activities. Summer is finally here, lets celebrate it! I hope you enjoy these ten fashion and style blog posts that inspire summer wanderings, bright colors and SPF ratings.
- Designed by Ann gives us ten foolproof summer beauty tips. I approve.
- Would it be summer without an amazing fashion photo shoot set in an exotic locale?
- Trust Your Style searches for the perfect white t-shirt in this delightful story of favorite T’s loved and lost.
- This summer’s nautical trend left me somewhat uninspired until I saw Mis Papelicos whimsical take on the look in Bathing Belles. I’m now reconsidering stripes and seaside-inspired prints.
- The photo of this girl makes me want to become a street-style photographer, but only if I can look that chic while I jump on my scooter.
- There have been rumblings of discontent in the fashion and style blog community. Readers are commenting less. Twitter and Facebook interaction is down. Once thriving blogs are disappearing without a word and the blogging community frets that fashion bloggers are becoming homogeneous Celine bag toting clones. Could it be the time of year or is it something deeper? Oranges and Apples ponders the many facets of blogging unease in Blogging community, priorities and platforms.
- I jumped onto the Pinterest bandwagon recently but Anne of Spy Girl has been loving the social media platform for much longer. Unfortunately spammers have been plaguing her from the very beginning and it’s happened again. Read all about it in Spammer Hacked my Pinterest!
- I agree with The City Girl in Me on when to buy high-end cosmetics and when to look for bargains: Where to skimp and splurge with beauty products.
- Queen in Heels finally embraces red lipstick in I’m Red-y Because I Am Unafraid.
- I want to thank Grit and Glamour for reminding me to stay active. I’ve been letting the exercise slide a bit recently. Maybe a personal trainer is just what I need to kick-start my work out habits and flatten my tummy for the next few months of bikini time.
I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I have. Happy summer everyone!