While the rest of the country sweltered in the heat Los Angeles remained cool and foggy, but now it’s mid-July and the mild weather is but a distant memory. It’s 90 degrees as I write this. Summer has arrived in force and the web has responded with some great articles on a variety of subjects, some practical and some inspirational. Enjoy!
- Sunblock! Sunblock! Sunblock! You know you have to wear it. Here are some of the best.
- Just in case you get a sunburn anyway, here’s a clever way to take out the sting: Soothing a Sunburn.
- One summer my daughter’s hair turned almost chartreuse from swimming in my parent’s pool. I’ve read that it has something to do with the copper in the pipes reacting to the chlorine in the pool but what to do about it remains a mystery. We did buy some “green out” shampoo that helped a bit, but maybe this is another situation where prevention is the best cure. Check out Chlorine in the Hair for some tips on how NOT to go green this summer.
- Being a child of the 1980′s as I am, these classic sunglasses will always have a special place in my heart. Read A Love Letter to Wayfarers to see why they keep coming back into style.
- I love the idea of buying American-made goods, but finding them is not easy. Made to Travel helps out with Made in the USA.
- I’m not big into celebrities. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional National Enquirer dirt as much as the next person, but I’ve never even thought about checking out a famous person’s blog. This week A Brit Greek changed my mind with her article Celebrity Blog Reads, a list of the writer’s favorite celebrity sites. I’m already loving a couple of them!
- There’s more to the love of fashion and clothing than meets the eye. The Style Mentor shares her journey to self acceptance in Being True to Myself in the Free Green Chair.
- When it’s too hot to wear anything interesting keep your look cool with fun accessories.
- I really dislike American Apparel’s ads. I know they’re probably trying to make some sort of statement with the crotch shots, unflattering lighting and glazed-over eyes, but it’s kept me out of their stores rather than encouraged me to go in and try stuff on. I’m thinking about giving them another chance since they’ve found a new model. She’s slim, beautiful and grey-haired.
- I have a pair of denim cut-offs that I made myself, but now I think I need to get the scissors out again because I just have to try The Glamourai’s denim cut-off tutorial.
See anything you might like to read?