Surf and Stripes

This summer my family and I spent a week camping on the beach near the charming town of Carpenteria. I packed all my bathing suits, including this ruffly stripe one by Kenneth Cole Reaction. I also did a bit of shopping prior to the trip as I wanted to be well supplied with cover-ups and other beach camping essentials. Among the new purchases were several white shirts from the Goodwill and other local thrift stores.  This one is made of a nice, medium-weight cotton but it has a few pen marks on the sleeves. It doesn’t matter. It didn’t stay on long enough for anyone to notice. The waves were much too enticing.

Splash!

, , , ,

17 Responses to Surf and Stripes

1. Alexis Grace July 25, 2012 at 10:18 am #

Another cute bikini??? Love it! 🙂
    Alexis Grace recently posted..LOVE(ing) Downtown AbbeyMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca July 25, 2012 at 11:11 am #

Yeah. It’s a little crazy. But I feel like I should just do it now.

2. anne aka SpyGirl
    July 25, 2012 at 11:05 am #

Oh, you are having TOO MUCH FUN!
    You are a Goddess de la Mer!
    anne aka SpyGirl recently posted..Speaking of Goddesses, Meet Citizen RosebudMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca July 25, 2012 at 11:10 am #

I had so much fun in Carpenteria Anne. It’s such a great little beach town, and the ocean was perfect. Cold but not too cold. We swam, sunbathed, boogie boarded. I just hope I don’t bore everyone with all the bikini posts that are coming along! We took a lot of photos…

3. Jamillah July 25, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

I am so a skirted bikini girl!!! I love them. The water looks delicious in these pics and you look stunning.
    Jamillah recently posted..Site Shoutout!-How About We?My Profile

4. mary jo
    July 26, 2012 at 7:44 am #

Heather I love the retro feel of the shots–the red + aqua is so gorgeous and you look like you’re having so much fun. Adorable!
    mary jo recently posted..art inspired: clarence hinkle, laguna beachMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca July 27, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

Thanks Mary Jo! I hope you’re enjoying the ocean this summer too.

5. Rawkul
    July 26, 2012 at 8:53 am #

Carpenteria… I lived in Santa Maria for a couple of years and my office was in the Valley. I had to drive there once a month and always remember seeing the signs to Carpenteria, but was never able to go there. So those photos are unbelievable. Seriously, they don’t look real! The water is so blue, just amazing! That red pops! You are gorgeous! 🙂
    Rawkul recently posted..Three Grooming Products I Would Pack For a 3 Hour TourMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca July 27, 2012 at 11:59 am #

I’ve driven by Santa Maria a few times. It looks like a sweet little city. Sorry you never got to Carpinteria. It’s such a nice place! Maybe if you come to visit…

6. Jessica July 26, 2012 at 8:56 am #

man camping on the beach sounds so amazing right about now 😀

-Jessica

• Heather Fonseca July 27, 2012 at 11:55 am #

It was pretty great Jessica! I hope you get to do some beach camping soon.

7. Di July 26, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

Such a sweet suit! Oh to be a young cutie pie again… I’m nearly 60 but did a swimsuit post last week anyway. WE all need to be comfortable, look great and not let anything get in the way of having a great time at the pool or the ocean.

• Heather Fonseca July 27, 2012 at 11:45 am #

Good for you Di! Now I need to go see your post and I totally agree. Life is too short to not have fun.

8. Sharon July 26, 2012 at 7:17 pm #

Love the bikini. I have gotten a little lazy so, I need to do some Pilates before I put one on. That water looks so refreshing.
    Sharon recently posted..Madonna’s Truth or Dare Shoe CollectionMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca July 27, 2012 at 11:44 am #

I could use a bit of Pilates too Sharon! And the water was delightful.

1. Elegant Beach Coverup - August 2, 2012

[…] tote its a great way to express your personal style. Often I take a practical approach and wear a big white cotton shirt over my bathing suit. Over the last few years I’ve found that an inexpensive sundress can […]