Last year my family and I spent three weeks road tripping up the highway to Oregon. This summer, by contrast, I have not gone far. My vacations included a week in San Francisco and a few days camping on the beach in Carpinteria, but I would love to explore some more exotic locales. My favorite blogs have been helping to fuel my fantasies. One day I’ll go, but today I’ll dream.
- The Frump Factor addresses packing for an active vacation in Outfitting for Oregon while 40 Plus Style gets ready for a trip to Europe in How to Pack for a Long Holiday. End result? Packing well is not easy but success is possible, especially if you take the time to pack carefully. Shopping for clothes while on vacation helps too.
- In case I ever decide that packing for a trip requires black, black and some tan I will check this post to remind myself that vacation clothing need not be dull, especially if your destination is Greece.
- As a teenager I explored Italy with my mother and there will always be a place in my heart for this beautiful country and its delightful people. La Dolce Vita by A Brit Greek brings it all back.
- A beautiful young French woman goes somewhere fabulous on the Atlantic in a boat. She takes pictures. We wish we were there too.
- Taking a long airplane ride? Not looking forward to how your skin will look afterward? Neither was the writer of Drivol about Frivol, so she created the ultimate mini-sets to keep her skin in tip-top shape.
- Evocative images of European vacation fantasies via Chic n Cheap Living.
- Back in May The Glamourai traveled to Marrakech with her girlfriend. She returned with great stuff and some of the most beautiful travel photos I’ve ever seen. See her daily diaries from Morocco and be inspired: day one, day two and day three.
- I want to see turtles being released into the wild on a beach in Hawaii, don’t you?
- If ever I have REAL money, you know, the kind that allows one to do something more glamorous than camp out or stay at a Best Western, I’ll want to enjoy my holiday at one of these places.
- Back to packing for all these fabulous destinations. Here are some more tips and a few fab travel sized goodies to get you through the stress of all that traveling.
Where are you dreaming about going this summer?