Mentally and physically I’m still in the dog days of summer and dreaming of spending my hours with my toes in the sand, but life goes on. August is upon us. On the web chic girls wear baggy pants and panama hats. Some of my favorite blogs talk about about classic safari style and the history of bohemian chic. This week’s Blogs in Style is a crazy mix of posts on a wide variety of topics. Enjoy!
- Always in Fashion recounts the history behind the never-ending Bohemian Chic trend in the delightful article Hello Gypsy.
- My hair is flat, strait and fine. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t fantasize about big, full, gorgeous tresses. Hot rollers get me closer to my ideal and I’d love to try this set to see if it will give me the waves of my dreams.
- As much as I’d love to spend all my hours relaxing on the beach, I have to work like everyone else. Arash Mazinani explains why what we wear to work matters in Perception is Reality: The Secret about Image in the Workplace.
- I love the way other women look in loose trousers, unfortunately I have never been able to carry it off. Now that I’ve seen Consider Me Lovely looking amazingly chic in baggy pants I’m thinking it might be time to try them again.
- Train tracks and tractor tires terrify me. So does the possibility of being sued. As a result the post Bloggers Beware: You CAN Get Sued For Using Pics on Your Blog by Roni Loren compelled me to make some changes here on The Style Confessions. Scary, scary, stuff.
- Cheetah is the New Black gives us 3 reasons why you need a Panama hat. Say no more. I’m on it.
- I remember when “Out of Africa” was in theaters, but I don’t remember much about the movie or the costumes. Turns out they were beautiful, inspirational and well researched. That doesn’t sound very exciting does it? Go look at the images. They’re amazing. I promise.
- A lot of great things have happened to my personality as I’ve gotten older. One is that I don’t compare myself to other people as much as I used to. Not Dead Yet Style discusses this and more in Moving Past Comparison.
- The fashion world has deemed the Ikat print a hot trend but it has a long, fascinating, history.
- I have a soft spot for denim dresses but I’ve never quite figured out how to wear them so they look cool instead of frumpy. Maybe ankle boots and wild auburn hair will help?
See any posts you like? How is the month of August treating you?