Want Some Drama in Your Life?

I don’t like drama in my life, but I love it in my clothes. An asymmetrical dress is drama central.  All sorts of wonderful things happen when you wear one. It dances to it’s own drum. It flutters and flirts. All you have to do is put it on.

Photos by Hugo Fonseca.

Wearing:

• Jacket by Marni – a hand-me-down from a good friend
  • Asymmetrical printed silk dress found at a local resale shop. It has a tag, but I can’t make out what it says.
  • Sandals from Nine West
  • Blue clutch from Veronica M

Are you feeling the drama?

25 Responses to Want Some Drama in Your Life?

1. Greetje Kamminga August 10, 2012 at 10:17 am #

Well…. sexy lexy. I cannot make out the length of this beautiful dress. Is it really short at the back and to the knee at the front? Beautiful. And please send me the shoes… LOL

• Heather Fonseca August 11, 2012 at 10:00 am #

Hi Greetje! It was so windy that day I wasn’t able to get a single photo of how the dress looks without the wind element. It’s below knee length in front, and very short in back, sort of a reverse mullet. I love the surprise of it.

2. Mary Jo
    August 10, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

Beautiful colors Heather! Love the saturated blues and greens and your windswept look! Happy weekend to you!
    Mary Jo recently posted..phyllis and long lost jewelryMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 11, 2012 at 9:59 am #

Thanks Mary Jo. The colors on the dress are gorgeous in real life too. The dress is silk, so the colors are very vibrant.

3. Diana August 10, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

What a gorgeous, gorgeous dress! I love the draping, and the pattern. And, these photos are really striking. You look incredible.

• Heather Fonseca August 11, 2012 at 9:52 am #

Thank you Diana! I did stumble upon a beauty, but that happens a lot at resale shops. It’s important to just walk in with an open mind. You never know what you’ll find.

August 11, 2012 at 3:37 am #

Nothing beats a great asymmetrical dress!t
    Sylvia recently posted..Impressions, styles and sites of the London Olympics (part 3)My Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 11, 2012 at 9:51 am #

When I tried the dress my first thought was “Sylvia would love this!”. I even tried it on because of your love for asymmetrical dresses. Glad you like the look.

5. Donna
    August 11, 2012 at 7:53 am #

You’ve got great legs! I couldn’t wear that dress, but it looks great on you.
    Donna recently posted..How to choose a top and skirt to wear togetherMy Profile

6. DressCode:HighFashion
    August 11, 2012 at 10:19 am #

I love the look! Your shoes rock and I love how the colour of the jacket & clutches matches the dress. FAB!

Have a nice weekend, Jen
    DressCode:HighFashion recently posted..Giles F/W 12 (made with Swarovski Elements)My Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 11, 2012 at 10:27 am #

Thanks Jen! I thought you’d like it. It’s a good one. Can’t wait to wear it again. In this heat a silk dress is really nice.

7. Rawkul
    August 11, 2012 at 7:49 pm #

Incredible photos! The lighting and background and the colors, and YOU are astounding! WOW… seriously. :-)
    Rawkul recently posted..$100 Bucks, Taped Labels, Plus Gum RemovalMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 13, 2012 at 9:10 am #

Aw thank you Rawkul! I’m so glad you like the photos. We were out by the ocean for those shots. It was a lot of fun.

8. Alexis Grace August 11, 2012 at 11:14 pm #

Love the colors—- and agreed, drama belongs in your clothing- not your life!
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Harper’s Bazaar AustraliaMy Profile

August 12, 2012 at 6:32 am #

As always you’re looking incredibly sexy in these stills. The colours of the dress are gorgeous and I have to say I’m definitely feeling the drama.
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Why Would You Do That?My Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 13, 2012 at 9:07 am #

Thank you Arash! I’m so glad you like them. It means a lot.

10. Ana August 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm #

Bravo for the photo #1 – drama, indeed!

• Heather Fonseca August 15, 2012 at 4:23 pm #

Thank you Ana! I was feeling very “modely” that day. It was fun.

11. M August 22, 2012 at 1:45 pm #

Is your husband a fashion photographer or what? these pictures look like they should be in a magazine!

• Heather Fonseca August 25, 2012 at 3:05 pm #

Thank you M! My husband takes my photos. He’s an amateur photographer now, but we’re working on the professional status.

12. Jamillah August 27, 2012 at 6:53 am #

gooooorgeous. love the dress in this setting and hellloooo hottie with that wind!
    Jamillah recently posted..I Heart the InternetMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 27, 2012 at 10:40 am #

Thank you Jamillah! I like the way the photos came out too.

1. Los Angeles Street Style Video - The Style Confessions™ - September 5, 2013

[…] deal, especially because the dress itself was made of the softest, floatiest silk. So I bought it. Then I wore it. I loved the dress. The wrap front skirt is short in the back and creates a dramatic, unusual […]