Los Feliz at Night

It was Friday night. My husband and I were hungry and we wanted to go somewhere fun or at least someplace new. The neighborhood of Los Feliz is not new by Los Angeles standards, nor is it new for us, but we hadn’t been there in many years so we headed east to check out the scene on Vermont Avenue.

It seems bohemian chic never goes out of fashion on this side of town. Hipsters still hang out where the Onyx cafe once was. People park their scooters on the sidewalk and line up to see a movie at the Loz Feliz Theater. There’s even an independent bookstore that keeps its doors open late into the night. Squaresville, a vintage clothing store, looked very interesting. Need I tell you the people watching is fab?

Los Feliz is also known for its night clubs. Sadly, over the last few years some historic dance clubs have closed, leaving only the venerable Dresden open for late night carousing. But this is L.A., and new hot spots are popping up in the ashes. One day maybe I’ll check them out, but this Friday night my husband and I were more interesting in a meal than hitting the trendiest bars, so we stopped at a chic looking 24 hour diner called Fred 62. After a very tasty meal that included an unusual looking chicken pot pie we wandered around the area peering into store windows.

There’s much more to discover in Los Feliz. I can’t wait to come back.

Wearing:

• Beaded top by INC also worn here.
  • Belt purchased so long ago I don’t remember where I found it.
  • Skirt found at Clothes Heaven
  • Rhinestone snake cuff from Gilt.com
  • DKNY gold metallic sandals
  • The tiny black purse originally belonged to my mother

Have you checked out any new night spots recently?

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Los Feliz at Night

1. Alexis Grace August 13, 2012 at 8:58 am #

It is so great to get out and explore your own city— especially when you’ve been there for long enough for it to be new again!

That chicken pot pie presentation is very intriguing!
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Harper’s Bazaar AustraliaMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 13, 2012 at 9:06 am #

I need to do more exploring. It’s too easy to just go back to the same places over and over. The pot pie tasted great too, but I was surprised by the presentation. It was fun.

2. Sharon August 13, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

First, I love that snake cuff. My address is . . . haha. No seriously check your email my address is there. Okay, let me stop.
    Anyway, I want to move to a new city,but I have been trying to look at my city with tourist eyes. It hasn’t changed my mind however, it has been fun seeing and trying new things other than the usual.
    Sharon recently posted..Elizabeth and James ‘Sash’ Snake d’Orsay PumpsMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 14, 2012 at 11:28 am #

You’re brave Sharon! I want to move houses but even the thought of moving to a new area is kind of scary to me. It’s because I live in a tiny house in a great neighborhood though, so if you want to make life better definitely move someplace better. It makes a big difference in the quality of life. Glad you like my bracelet! It’s fun. Totally inpractical, but fun.

3. citizen rosebud
    August 13, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

What a perfect little outfit for “date night.” I love the cut of the top- and the print- and please somebody get me a close up of that snake cuff! Sizzle!

Great pics by Hugo- I’m a really loving your photos and posts!
    citizen rosebud recently posted..Product Review: Emporio Armani SunglassesMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 14, 2012 at 11:27 am #

Thanks so much Bella! Your kind words mean a lot to me, and I’ll be sure to get a closeup of that bracelet next time.

August 14, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

A new tapas/sangria bar opened up in my neighborhood. I’m supposed to go there on the 20th with some of my best buds that I haven’t seen in way too long. Can’t wait!!
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..Chip Chat: Deep River NY Spicy Dill Pickle ChipsMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 15, 2012 at 4:23 pm #

Have a wonderful time! Sounds like a good photo opportunity too.

August 15, 2012 at 2:00 am #

This looks like a fabulous place to hangout. Lovely photos too and a great outfit!
    Sylvia recently posted..Fashion colour trends for Fall 2012My Profile

6. Greetje Kamminga August 18, 2012 at 9:48 am #

Nice outfit. Especially your top caught my eye. As I am always focussed on clothes thT stand out (I know that is wrong).

• Heather Fonseca August 18, 2012 at 10:58 am #

Hi Greetje. The top is a lot of fun. I especially like the beaded neckline, and it is a statement. I know what you mean.