Farewell to summer

I look forward to summer all year. The long, relaxed, sunny days go by too quickly. I want to go back to the beach, dig my toes in the sand, and never say goodbye. But I can’t. The kids are back in school. The days get shorter and darker. Life goes on.

Goodbye summer! You were fun. I’m looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Wearing:

• Hat by San Diego Hat Co.
  • Dress from Ross
  • Bikini by Jag also worn in this post.
  • Espadrilles from Target

Do you miss summer ?

, ,

20 Responses to Farewell to summer

September 1, 2012 at 10:48 am #

I wish we had a summer to begin with. There hasn’t been much of a warm summer here in the UK so I’m hoping September is going to be unusually warm.
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Would You Let Your Partner Style You?My Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 4, 2012 at 10:12 am #

I hope it’s a warm September for you then Arash. It’s going to be a warm september here for sure.

2. Shanti September 1, 2012 at 11:05 am #

love the beach photos, and yes! I’ll miss summer so much!

• Heather Fonseca September 4, 2012 at 10:11 am #

Hi Santi. I’m so glad I’m not the only one who will miss summer!

3. Kiki September 1, 2012 at 11:20 am #

Our summer here in England was pretty much non existant so no, I guess I don’t miss it as it was never here. :(
    Kiki recently posted..August Through Instagram…My Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 4, 2012 at 10:10 am #

I’m sorry to hear that Kiki! I know it’s been cold in Europe this year. Looked like it was rainy in London during the Olympics.

4. Alexis Grace September 1, 2012 at 12:17 pm #

I really enjoy each season and try to get the most out of it. This summer has been one of reflection for me- between the move and the pregnancy I have felt both nostalgic and excited for what’s to come— I feel the same way with the seasons….
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Inspiring Work with Isabel QuirogaMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 4, 2012 at 10:10 am #

When your baby is older and going to school you’ll become nostalgic about that too. Mine are back in school now and I miss the long lazy days of summer, even though I worked through most of it!

5. citizen rosebud
    September 1, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

Summer is in full swing. All the whole month of it. I WILL miss it however. But enjoy my plaid collection to brighten the grey season.
    citizen rosebud recently posted..Summer to September + Jumping by the SeaMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 4, 2012 at 10:09 am #

I hope to get a bit more plaid into my wardrobe this fall too!

September 2, 2012 at 6:46 am #

Goodbye Summer! HELLO FALL!!! My Favorite season!
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..Photo Project: Rainbow Photo CollageMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 4, 2012 at 10:08 am #

LOL! I know you like cool weather Stacey. It just won’t cool off here for a couple months, so I’m not looking forward to sweltering for weeks and weeks while we Angelinos pretend it’s fall.

7. fashion trends September 2, 2012 at 8:31 am #

Unfortunately it’s true. Summer is passing and there is fall just around the corner. Hopefully, we’ll like the new trends as much as summer ones :) see you in fall!
    fashion trends recently posted..Applying Eye Cream The Right Way!My Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 4, 2012 at 10:07 am #

I’m sure I’ll get into fall trends once the weather cools off a bit. It’s still very warm here in Los Angeles.

8. DressCode:HighFashion
    September 2, 2012 at 1:32 pm #

Lovely beach – lovely dress – lovely woman!

Hugs, Jen

PS: So cool that you wearing espandrilles! I love that they`ve come back!
    DressCode:HighFashion recently posted..Salvatore Ferragamo F/W 12 Backstage, Details & IllustrationsMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 4, 2012 at 10:06 am #

I love the espadrilles too. Now I’d like to get a real pair, not this cheap stuff from Target. Maybe next summer.

9. Adil September 3, 2012 at 3:08 am #

Summer is always great time to have wonderful collections. Light colours, great prints and designs & enjoyable weather., Really love this wonderful collection of summers. By the way nice pictures.
    Adil recently posted..Figures In Fashion: The Top Numbers in the Fashion WorldMy Profile

10. Jeannie
    September 4, 2012 at 8:33 am #

Oh so flirty! Love the red lips!!
    Jeannie recently posted..Fall Colors & GiveawayMy Profile