I quickly put together this casual evening look to go out to dinner a few weeks ago. It was one of the last of our cool evenings. I certainly wouldn’t be wearing a jacket or a scarf in the humid late summer heat we’ve been experiencing recently, even at night. Although the outfit is casual it still feels somewhat glamorous. It goes to show you what a printed scarf can do for an outfit. Without the polka dots the ensemble would be very simple indeed, but the big graphic circles give it flare.
Here’s to polka dots and scarves!
When we shot these photos the sandals were brand new. I planned on “introducing” them in this post but other photos found their way to the blog first. As a result I’ve never really talked about them. This sort-of-a-sandal sort-of-a-boot, look has been in fashion for a while but this is my first foray into the style. I love how the unusual shape makes everything worn with them look more interesting. They’re also very comfortable and have what I consider a perfect heel, neither too high nor too low.
- Denim jacket by Anne Klien (Here is a similar classic style.)
- Indian necklace from a store in Artesia
- Scarf from Nordstroms (A similar, pricy version can be found here, an inexpensive, smaller, version here, and a really fabulous and affordable multi-colored one here.)
- Black maxi dress by Veronica M (Target sells a similar style.)
- Black sandals by Kenneth Cole
What do you think of polka dot prints? Do you think scarves add drama to an outfit? Would you wear a polka dot one like this out at night?