It’s been a while since I’ve written about my favorite post of the week. At this point it would really be my favorite posts of the past several weeks. I started collecting them in August and here it is late September. What can I say? It’s either been a slow month in the blogosphere or I’m getting picky. My favorites this month are an eclectic mix of nail decoration, style advice and cultural discussion. Check it out.
- The Man Repeller quits Instagram and the internet spirals into a mass panic. Just kidding. It’s actually an interesting and insightful article on image consumption and the future of blogging.
- Here’s a shameless plug of me! me! me! A big thank you to Queen in Heels for this post on The Style Confessions.
- Ever wondered how women walk around all day in the impossibly high heels that are all the rage these days? Me too. Wardrobe Oxygen tells us how to wear heels.
- I was surprised to learn that the liquid soap I grew up with is the best product for cleaning makeup brushes. Who knew?
- This kitten nail art is just freaking adorable.
- Vincent Lai is a designer working and manufacturing out of Brooklyn, New York. Wanna know more about his fun, functional, fabulous line of bags? Check out this inspirational video on Skinny Vinny and his design team.
- Marc Jacobs shows a line of thrift store inspired fashion on the runway, at least that’s how I take the print mixing and unusual shapes presented in these photos from The Sartorialist. It makes me wonder if Marc is following some personal style bloggers for inspiration. Not sure about the socks with the sandals though…
- On the subject of inspirational fashion collections, I would wear every one of these outfits.
- I’m not the only one pondering the age-old question of what clothing is age-appropriate. Dressed as Lamb puts in her two cents on the subject.
- On a more serious note, on September 11th Consider Me Lovely posted an evocative reminder to live life to the fullest in You Only Live Once.
I hope you enjoy my picks!
From now on I have decided to only present my own photos or my husband’s photos for all posts, even “Link Love” posts like this one. So if you were wondering what the photo above has to do with my favorite posts of the month, well, not much. It’s a photo my husband took while stuck in traffic on the freeway. For me it represents September so perfectly. Spring has past, summer is almost gone, and colder, darker days will be here soon.
Do you find any of the posts interesting? Please let me know what you think in the comments.