Blogs in Style: The Denim Edition

Jeans are the ultimate American uniform and denim in all it’s forms is a perennial fashion “do”. Jeans have been hot for a few years now, with no sign of the trend stopping any time soon. I like denim so much I’ve made a Pinterest board just for things made with this utilitarian fabric. Did you know the fabric doesn’t show the dirt because of the diagonal weave? Chambray, its lightweight plain weave cousin, is best in dresses and shirts, but most people still refer to any fabric in the indigo blue dye range as denim. Fine by me. I’m fond of classic blue, printed, acid washed, distressed and colored versions whether they’re the real thing or not. Here are some of my favorite looks and articles on the subject from around the web.

• Wardrobe Oxygen looks great in her rolled up cropped boyfriend jeans, printed blouse and leopard pumps. I totally want to steal the look, and her shoes.
  • North on Harper waxes poetic on “new denim“, those fabulous printed and textured jeans that are so fashionable these days.
  • I’m still trying to get double denim right, but The Glamourai always seems to pull it off.
  • Jeans and street art just go together, don’t you think?
  • Olivia Palermo always looks beautiful, but this simple blue jean outfit is especially cute. I love the cut of the skirt.
  • Pastel tweed coat, fascinator and ripped jeans? Yes! Yes! Yes!
  • This proves that leopard print and denim belong together.
  • Not Dressed as Lamb pairs a printed mini dress with skinny jeans. Love the look.

Do you love denim? What do you think of these articles? Be sure to leave a comment and let me know!

, , , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to Blogs in Style: The Denim Edition

1. BelindieG September 30, 2012 at 9:55 am #

Those leopard pumps aren’t doing anything for Wardrobe Oxygen’s ankles or legs. Booties would have been a better choice.

• Heather Fonseca October 2, 2012 at 10:29 am #

Well, I’m having a leopard print shoe obsession at the moment so I like the look.

2. Pam
    September 30, 2012 at 3:00 pm #

Thanks for keeping us informed!! You give us some great choices!
    Pam recently posted..Foxcroft Blouses: You Have to See this Blouse!!My Profile

3. Jamillah October 1, 2012 at 7:00 am #

Re: cape style denim, I have no idea how people pull off this look, maybe I need to get myself the right cut, but wearing jackets cape style has never looked right on me!

P.S.-I love the linkup with a theme!
    Jamillah recently posted..Fall Into Good Habits-Eat Your Veggies!My Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 2, 2012 at 10:28 am #

I think it’s difficult to photograph. I’ve tried it and I always look like something weird happened to my arms. I think these girls just hit the right pose, but I do wear my jacket over my shoulders sometimes. They fall off though. It’s irritating.

4. A Brit Greek
    October 3, 2012 at 11:02 am #

I love denim to point where I have a ridiculous amount and a whole double layered shelf for denim. From different washes, to ripped, to different shapes, stretch/non stretch, gilver finishes… the list goes on. Ever since I worked with the folks who produced denim for Armani/Diesel I kinda stayed obsessed!
    x.o.x.o

5. T. S. Swedish October 3, 2012 at 2:11 pm #

“Jeans are the ultimate American uniform…” You could not have said this any better!! Loved this post and I will be defiantly checking in with you often!

Chao
    Poppie

• Heather Fonseca October 4, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

Thank you! So glad you liked the post.

6. Shanti February 12, 2013 at 9:19 am #

oh my josh, I just realized you pointed to Shannon’s denim outfit in Graffiti Ally, wow, thanks again Heather, hope all is going well for you!!!

• Heather Fonseca February 12, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

You’re welcome Shanti. It was such a cute outfit and great photos as usual. I had to include it!