Jeans are the ultimate American uniform and denim in all it’s forms is a perennial fashion “do”. Jeans have been hot for a few years now, with no sign of the trend stopping any time soon. I like denim so much I’ve made a Pinterest board just for things made with this utilitarian fabric. Did you know the fabric doesn’t show the dirt because of the diagonal weave? Chambray, its lightweight plain weave cousin, is best in dresses and shirts, but most people still refer to any fabric in the indigo blue dye range as denim. Fine by me. I’m fond of classic blue, printed, acid washed, distressed and colored versions whether they’re the real thing or not. Here are some of my favorite looks and articles on the subject from around the web.
- Wardrobe Oxygen looks great in her rolled up cropped boyfriend jeans, printed blouse and leopard pumps. I totally want to steal the look, and her shoes.
- North on Harper waxes poetic on “new denim“, those fabulous printed and textured jeans that are so fashionable these days.
- I’m still trying to get double denim right, but The Glamourai always seems to pull it off.
- Jeans and street art just go together, don’t you think?
- Olivia Palermo always looks beautiful, but this simple blue jean outfit is especially cute. I love the cut of the skirt.
- Pastel tweed coat, fascinator and ripped jeans? Yes! Yes! Yes!
- This proves that leopard print and denim belong together.
- Not Dressed as Lamb pairs a printed mini dress with skinny jeans. Love the look.
Do you love denim? What do you think of these articles? Be sure to leave a comment and let me know!