Dreaming of kitten heel boots

With the weather in the 80’s every day for months the thought of wearing boots has been relegated to a day dream: a chic, foggy, day dream where the leaves change colors and I wear a warm coat, scarf, tweed skirt and a chic pair of kitten heel boots like the one above. The palm trees will never turn gold and red here in Los Angeles, but with any luck the weather will change and I’ll be wearing boots again.

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by and paid for by the House of Fraser, but the ideas, dreams and desires expressed in the article are my own.

Why I Love Low Heel Boots

I currently own five pairs of boots. Three of them are knee-high, one pair laces to the top of my ankle and one is designed to keep my feet dry in the rain. All five have one thing in common: a low heel. Though I like high-heel boots on other women I have always avoided the look myself. It’s probably because I feel that fall classic should be somewhat utilitarian. I want my boots to be comfortable and easy to walk in, but I love the elegance of high-heels too. Recently I found the perfect compromise: kitten heel boots.

A Few Fabulous Kitten Heel Boots

Black Suede Beauty

This pointy-toe, kitten-heel boot would look great with jeans or a dress. Mary Portas & Clarks La Cecile Suede Ankle Boots might not work in the rain, but how often does it rain in L.A. anyway?

Grey Snakeskin

I currently own two faux snake sandals but they don’t get much wear due to their extremely high heels. That wouldn’t be a problem with these sexy booties, and I’d finally get to wear some snake print everyday. Mary Portas & Clarks La Cecile Snake Ankle Boots

Perfectly Shiny Boot

Sharp, that’s what I think when I see these shiny snakeskin boots. I like the shiny leather because it can be worn right through winter into spring. Carvela Stripy Boots

Crocodile and a Zipper

Another fabulous pair of shiny boots, this time in more of an embossed crocodile look. North Wilt Outside Zipper Ankle Boot by Episode

Leopard and Furry

I simply can’t get enough leopard print in my life or my closet. These furry leopard print boots would be so perfect with jeans, and they would keep my tootsies warm too. “Nina” Pony Boot by Bertie

Super High and Kittenish

And finally, number one on my list of most-desired fall boots is a pair of elegant knee-high boots that can be worn with skirts. I love the look of skirts paired with boots, but I find many of mine are just a bit too clunky for evening or another dressier occasion.  These Sabina Kitten Heel High Boot by Dune are the perfect combination of ladylike, comfortable heel hight, and elegant, don’t you think?

See more ladies boots from House of Fraser here.

What do you think of the kitten heel trend? Would you wear any of these boots yourself? If so, tell me which one is your favorite in the comments.

Like what you see? Follow me!

TwitterPinterestInstagram

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to Dreaming of kitten heel boots

1. mary jo
    October 10, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

I like your breakdown Heather. Like you, I am finally getting around to looking at boots because of the weather. Still haven’t found “the pair” but am hoping that I will find them. Love those black snakeskin ones!
    mary jo recently posted..art inspired: jean honoré fragonard, the stolen kissMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 11, 2012 at 12:17 pm #

I’m glad you like the snakeskin ones – so do I! I’m definitely starting to look for some new boots for the “cold” season.

2. Alexis Grace October 11, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

I don’t really like kitten heels on me— I am not completely opposed- just haven’t found the right pair. I tend to like the heel to be chunky if short…..
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Marc Jacobs Runway BeautyMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm #

Kitten heels definitely aren’t for everyone. I know people who really don’t like them. For me, because I’m so tall, they’re a nice option in place of a stiletto heel which I can barely wear. Also it’s been hard to find kitten heels for years so now that they’re back in fashion perhaps you’ll spy a pair you like!

3. nicole October 12, 2012 at 1:28 am #

I’m very pleased that kitten heels will be back in fashion (we are only at the beginning of Spring here in Australia so autumn/winter are a while away). I was wondering where kitten heels had gone. Such a flattering yet wearable heel. I made the mistake of buying a very expensive, very high pair of ankle boots during the winter and even with their built in platform I can’t pretend that they are comfortable. Hopefully I’ll learn…

• Heather Fonseca October 15, 2012 at 6:43 pm #

Hi Nicole. I fall in love with crazy shoes all the time. Sometimes they’re comfortable, sometimes they’re impossible. It’s hard to know for sure. Kitten heels do seem to be making a comeback, but its taking a while.

4. Shanti October 14, 2012 at 7:42 am #

I’m with you on a low heel, actually flat is best for me, although these kitten heels are adorable! All of my boots are flat, or just a cowboy boot heel, like my Frye’s. Praise be to Fall!!!!

• Heather Fonseca October 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

Cowboy boots are comfortable. I haven’t owned a pair in years, but I remember!

October 15, 2012 at 8:33 am #

This heel is way too skinny for me! I need a much chunkier one. I really like the black croc with zipper. Wish the heel was chunky! 🙂
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..This Weekend: RIverdale Festival of the ArtsMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 15, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

I know kitten heels aren’t for everyone. Where I live they’re easy to wear because its never cold enough for ice and Angelenos don’t walk anywhere really.

6. citizen rosebud
    October 15, 2012 at 4:48 pm #

The snakeskin ones are great! The whole shoe selection is pretty hot. I can’t wear kitten heels- hurts my back, but I also avoid stilettos so it’s only stacked heels or wedges for me!
    citizen rosebud recently posted..Picture Perfect: Autumn WingsMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 15, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

I’m having a huge kitten heel moment, and it also because I can’t wear stilettos. Believe me, I like stacked and wedge options too!

7. Josie October 26, 2012 at 4:55 am #

I prefer wedges to be honest but i got to say that i do like the leopard print boots, they look pretty cosy 🙂 Love the post 🙂
    Josie recently posted..Eastland Women’s Sunrise Boat ShoeMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 27, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

Thanks Josie. I think most of my readers prefer wedges so you’re not alone! I know a lot of women don’t like kitten heels, but they work well for me because I’m tall. Plus I like the retro feel of the heel.

1. A Guide To Heel Styles | High Heels Fashion - October 28, 2012

[…] found on stilettos and wedges to make them more comfortable to wear and to give extra height. From cute kitten heels to sexy stiletto shoes, there are so many different styles of heels these day…trends. Here is a useful guide to the different types of heels and how you can wear them. Kitten A […]

2. Womens Suede Boots | Product Infos and Reviews - November 21, 2014