Blogs in Style: October 2012

This October my favorite blogs run the gamut between what’s fashionable right now, what will be stylish in the near future, and why we really should be more interested in what we love rather than the dictates of fashion. Take, for instance, the boots above. I’m not sure if they’re fashionable or not, appropriate or inappropriate, but I don’t really care. I just love the way they look and the way they make me feel once they’re on.

1. First of all I’d like to send a HUGE thank you to Sylvia at 40 Plus Style for posting this interview with me on her blog.
  2. Also on 40 Plus Style is a post on closet organization. It’s like taking a tour though wardrobe heaven.
  3. While we’re on the subject of closets let me ask this. Are you a complex person? Them maybe you also have a multiple personality closet. I know I do!
  4. No matter what’s in your closet confidence is a key element to great style. Here are a few good tips on how to appear more self-assured.
  5. Want more? Here are seven tips for looking and feeling good.
  6. Click here for a trench coat orgasm. Sorry. It’s the first thing that came to mind when I saw all the gorgeous Burberry coats.
  7. It’s supposed to rain later this week! YEA! Here are is some advice on looking great in the rain (even if you don’t have one of the Burberry coats above.)
  8. Bored of fall fashion already? There will be lots of new trends this spring. Here are a few of the more unusual looks that walked down the runways recently. Will you try them?
  9. Hello from the late 1980′s! Bustiers, crop tops and bras worn as outerwear are all supposed to be coming back this spring. I think if I go for the trend I’ll try wearing them over a blouse this time around.
  10. “What do you love, in this moment? What styles speak to you and your mood for the fall?” This post discusses the eternal dance between personal style and fashion trends.

I hope you like my picks for October’s blogs in Style. Do you have a favorite? Let me know in the comments.

12 Responses to Blogs in Style: October 2012

October 20, 2012 at 5:31 am #

I love these posts that you do, they’re always perfect for finding new and exciting blogs. I didn’t realise you did an interview on 40 plus style. I’m going to head right on over and check it out!
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Street Style Icons: Laura TaylorMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 20, 2012 at 4:26 pm #

Thanks Arash! I’m glad you like my favorite post round ups.

2. Shanti October 20, 2012 at 11:47 am #

I love the link at number 10!!

3. DressCode:HighFashion
    October 21, 2012 at 2:35 am #

Very cool ankle boots!

Hope you`re having a nice weekend, my dear.

Best, Jen
    DressCode:HighFashion recently posted..Season Favourite: Burberry Man F/W 12/13My Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 21, 2012 at 11:08 am #

Thanks Jen. I’m glad you approve of my boots. I think they look great personally, but my daughter refers to them as “Frankenstein Boots”. I’m not sure that’s a good thing.

4. A Brit Greek
    October 21, 2012 at 8:11 am #

So much link love and hello lovely new boots! Can’t wait to see you rock those!

I am super envious of your new camera buy too, I bet it takes gorgeous shots!

Have a fab weekend!
    x.o.x.o
    A Brit Greek recently posted..FABULOUS FRIDAYS: BRIMMING WITH AWESOMENESSMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 21, 2012 at 11:07 am #

Thanks my dear I have been wearing them this weekend and they will be in an outfit post very soon.

5. ayakkab? modelleri
    October 23, 2012 at 7:47 am #

A very stylish shoe model. I trust you a lot about fashion. It really is a good choice.

6. THE-LOUDMOUTH
    October 23, 2012 at 9:14 pm #

Please do not apologize for using the word ‘orgasm.’ In fact, I think it should be used more.

The boots are awesome! I agree, wear what you love, whether or not it’s in style or if you even know whether or not it’s in style!

I have three of these things open in my tabs now. Thanks for the reads!
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Lessons :: Michigan / My Journey HomeMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 24, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

Glad you like the reading material and my choice of descriptive words Steph!