Our hands do so much. They type, write, and draw. They lift boxes, wash dishes, and dig in the garden. They apply makeup and style our hair. They hold, caress and comfort our loved ones. Hands are as expressive as they are hard-working. Shouldn’t they get some love? I think so.
I’ve always loved a professional manicure, but I really started taking good care of my hands a couple years ago when I started to notice the wear an tear of time making it’s mark. Now I rub sun block onto them every morning and cuticle cream every night. I like to polish my nails on the weekends, and recently I’ve been considering trying my hand at some fun nail art as well. Here are some recent articles from around the web on the subject of hands, nails, nail polish and manicures. Enjoy!
- Yours truly is quoted in this in-depth article on how to care for your nails. Now I feel like an expert!
- One of my favorite prestige nail polish brands is Essie. Although this interview with Essie Weingarten is not new, it’s a fascinating look into the life of the woman who started the brand back in 1981.
- Next time you look at your hard-working hands with horror remember that even the most chic among us have problems with their nails.
- Beautiful nails start with healthy cuticles. Give your nails some love with these intensely moisturizing cuticle oils and creams.
- I have always found French Manicures sophisticated and chic. Turns out they’re easy to do as well.
- I’m not the only one who likes French Manicures. Find out how Deborah Lippman makes a classic look fresh.
- If you want to take your french manicure to a new level try this black, gold and sheer natural version.
- These golden confetti nails are surprisingly elegant and and a whole lot of fun.
- On the subject of confetti, have you seen milky-glitter nail polish? I think it will be the next hot nail trend.
- A glittery red manicure is one of my Christmas traditions. Here are a few red glitter nail polish options for the holidays.
My photos show the amazing range of nail polish colors available at every price point. I love Butter London for their fashionable colors and British names. Their polish seems to last a few days on my nails, but in my opinion Deborah Lippmann offers the most fabulous colors of any nail company. Unfortunately they cost around $20 and chip very quickly on my nails. (But I still want Boom Boom Pow, a spectacular gold sparkle.) Meanwhile, you can pick up a fun Sinful nail polish color at your local drug store for only $2. Somewhere in between are OPI and Essie brand nail polish, each that offer literally around 100 colors to choose from. Essie works better on my nails than OPI, and I have quite a few of their polishes in my collection. For more of my favorite nail polish colors and looks check out my Pinterest Board: Hands and Nails.
Do you have any tips on caring your hands and nails? What is your favorite nail polish brand? Have you tried nail art yet?