This Christmas found me once again in the city by the bay. The sheer beauty of San Francisco never ceases to amaze me, but no matter how many times I visit I’m never, ever, prepared for the weather. My collection of Los Angeles-style cold weather clothing just doesn’t cut it. I reach for that sporty, warm, down-stuffed and quilted windbreaker that all the natives seem to be wearing and realize, oh, I don’t have one. Instead I have a collection of glamorous faux fur coats. Well, they’ll have to do!
The faux fur jacket I’m wearing in these photos is one of my favorites. I bought it last year when the style was super-trendy and even though the trend has waned I still love it. It’s so warm!
Do you see those little dots in the water behind me in the photo above? Those are surfers! I can’t imagine how cold it must have been in the water. They must have been having fun though, because none of them were giving up and leaving.
- Faux fur coat from Nordstrom (Mine has long since sold out, but I found a similar looking jacket here.)
- Cashmere scarf a gift from my mother
- Coach purse belonged to my grandmother (Here is a similar shape by the same company.)
- Gloves borrowed from my mother
- Denim pencil skirt from J Crew (It must have been popular, because J Crew still sells the same one.)
- Boots from Loehmanns by Lou (I bought these two years ago, but these Rag and Bone boots look very similar.)
Do you have a faux fur jacket?