Maxi skirts and dresses are a summer staple and not something I normally wear in the colder months, but the other week the temperatures rose and we had a few days of delightfully warm weather here in Los Angeles. Suddenly my black maxi dress, which had been in winter hiding, felt like the just the right thing to wear. I thought it might look good with my biker jacket, and it did. I wore this outfit about three days in a row, and felt like one of the cool girls the whole time.
Then it got cold and I had to put my boots back on. But for a few days I looked like this.
For those of us not living in an area prone to winters with summer weather, here are a few ways to wear your maxi dress in the cold.
- Black leather biker jacket from The Gap (Here’s another one from The Gap)
- Big leather cuff from a place on Melrose
- Black maxi dress from Veronica M
- Black sandals from Nine West
- The tote was a gift from my father
- In case you’re wondering, the red polish is “I Red a Good Book” by Wet n Wild.
Would you wear a maxi dress with a biker jacket?