Boyfriend jeans are one of my favorite denim fashion trends. This summer I purchased a pair of 7 For All Mankind Josefina Skinny Boyfriend Jeans on sale. The big, slouchy, comfortable-looking rolled jeans intrigued me, but I had no idea if I’d ever wear them. Well, I did, and I do, CONSTANTLY. In fact I like my boyfriend jeans so much a new pair is on my “to buy” list, maybe in a darker wash. The best thing about these jeans are their versatility. Boyfriend jeans are naturally casual, but they can be dressed up too. In these photos I’m wearing my slouchy jeans with my favorite Gap black t-shirt and a pair of Sketchers flats. If you were to stop by my house on an average weekday this is how I would probably look. It’s my everyday uniform. Even though I wear the jeans in a casual way during the day, I love dressing them up with pumps and a pretty blouse like I did in this post. Honestly, my take on the boyfriend jeans trend is pretty basic, but there are lots and lots of way to wear them. I’ve found ten of my favorite looks from around the web and listed them below for your viewing pleasure. See anything you like?
Ten Fabulous Outfits with Boyfriend Jeans
- Casual rolled jeans look great with a long black vest and color blocked sweater, especially when you add in some leopard print pumps.
- Camel coat, denim jacket and heels make this New Yorker’s outfit casual yet very chic.
- Denim looks great with red. If you pair your boyfriend jeans with a big statement necklace, red coat and matching pumps you’ll have a great outfit. But don’t take my word for it. Go look!
- A big patterned coat is an elegant foil to these unrolled casual jeans.
- Baggy, distressed, rolled jeans get a tough vibe with the addition of a black leather motorcycle jacket and black heels. The cat t-shirt is cute too.
- Oh sure, boyfriend jeans look great when paired with heels and a tiny T-shirt, but what about wearing them in the winter, when it’s cold? Here’s a great winter look with boyfriend jeans, boots and a big coat.
- Here’s another cold weather outfit with boyfriend jeans, flats and a pea coat.
- I always worry about wearing cropped pants with tights. Does it look weird? Maybe on me it does, but on Fashion Addict it looks pretty fabulous. Maybe the sky-high platforms help?
- Looking for a more casual, whimsical take on the trend? Why not pair your jeans with an animal motif sweater?
- How about boyfriend jeans in the snow?
Want even more inspiration? Check out my Pinterest board devoted to the subject of boyfriend jeans.
Me and My Boyfriend Jeans
- Josefina Skinny Boyfriend Jeans
- Gap T-shirt
- Sketchers shoes
- A really old belt
(Disclosure: I purchased all the clothes I’m wearing in this post with my own money and was not paid for the article, however there is are affiliate links below. If you click on and image or text link I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!)
Shop Boyfriend Jeans!
There are so many different washes, cuts, styles and amounts of distressing on boyfriend jeans out there. Literally something for every shape, style and budget. Here are a few options. Click on the photo for more information and prices.
So have you jumped into the boyfriend jeans trend yet? How do you wear yours?
Like what you see? Follow me!