Sometimes I wish my closet was stripped bare, with only a few, perfect, simple clothes in black, white, and maybe tan staring back at me. Okay, okay! Maybe some red too. They say to be careful what you wish for, and my minimalist day dream might be coming true very soon. This month my family and I will be moving out of our home to get it ready to sell. In the meantime we’ll be living at my Mother-in-Law’s small backyard studio. It was the previous owners art studio, and it has a little kitchen and a bathroom. I’m going to have to pack away a lot of clothes and only bring with me the pieces I wear the most. What? I’ll be bored out of my mind in a month? Probably. But planning is key, and I have lots of inspiration to keep me going.
Minimalism in Fashion
My Favorite looks and articles on the subject
- A big white coat with oversized black buttons worn over black shorts looks fresh and fun.
- High-waisted jeans, men’s shirts and expensive, pointy-toe shoes are all this wealthy, chic, Angeleno wears. I wish my style was so simple.
- A fabulous, unadorned, t-shirt with an unusual cut is a good addition to the chic minimal wardrobe.
- What list of great minimal looks would be complete without mentioning the home of minimal cool? Odyssey Home shows us how to be minimal without ever being boring.
- This outfit of white jeans, black blazer, and red boots makes me want to get my white jeans down from the summer storage area ASAP!
- Have you seen The Divintus? If you like minimalism in fashion, especially the cool, punky, kind, check out her blog.
- A white top, black skirt, and fabulous shoes are all a girl really needs.
- There’s minimalism, and then there’s minimalism. Here’s an interesting article on what the word means in terms of fashion and personal style.
- To make a minimal outfit more interesting choose a collection of interesting shapes and unexpected accessories, like this girl wearing a black crop top, knee length white skirt, and black gloves.
- Need more inspiration? Check out this wish list of black and white outfits.
What does minimalism in fashion mean to you? Are you a fashion minimalist?
Like what you see? Follow me!