Those of you who follow me on Facebook and here on my blog know that there have been some changes in my life of late. What’s happening? I’m moving! My husband and I have lived in our tiny, 850 square foot, 1920’s spanish style cottage for over a decade. We’ve wanted to move our family to a larger home for a while but even with the current state of the economy real estate in the nicer parts of Los Angeles is wildly expensive. As a result we’re moving in two steps. First, we’ve relocated temporarily to my mother-in-law’s spacious backyard studio apartment. It was the original owner’s art studio and still has an enormous north-facing window that brings in beautiful, indirect light all day long. It’s sort of like living in a garden. So far the move has gone very smoothly, but there is one small problem. I’m dressing out of a duffel bag.
One of the things that happens when I pack a suitcase is I realize how very creative my wardrobe is. I just don’t have a lot of basics, so when I need a versatile but spare wardrobe I fall back on jeans and t-shirts. My new black leather jacket goes great with the above pieces, and I’ve worn this uniform every day, with a few variations in shoes and scarves.
- Black leather jacket from The Gap
- Burgundy cashmere scarf (Mine was a gift from my mother, but these are similar)
- Black silk blouse by Zoe & Sam (this one is similar)
- Hudson “Nico” super skinny mid-rise jeans
- Kork-ease “Marlo” platform boots
- And my wonderful beige canvas “Sal” convertible bag from Skinny Vinny.
What do you put in your duffel bag?