My Favorite Revlon Lipstick Colors

LipsMaybe it’s the wall of colors, 82 in all, that attracts me, or maybe it’s the classic black and gold tube. Maybe it’s the old-fashioned names that tickle my fancy. Whatever the reason Revlon makes my favorite drugstore lipstick. I don’t think another brand manufactures so many colors, and within their vast selection are several shades that look really good on me. Here are my favorite Revlon lipstick colors.

Disclosure: I have not been paid by Revlon for this review and I purchased all the lipstick with my own funds, however, there are affiliate links embedded below. If you purchase a lipstick through the link I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!

My Favorite Revlon Lipstick Colors – The Darks

The best Revlon Lipstick - Dark Colors

From left to right: Blackberry, Raspberry Bite and Black Cherry

Dark lipsticks are dramatic by their very nature, and I love a little lip drama in my life.

Blackberry is a gorgeous, lush, wine color. Of all the burgundy lipsticks I reviewed here, this one is the most wearable. Unfortunately I can’t find it online. The original blackberry dates from the early 1990’s, and they brought it back a few years ago but Revlon is constantly updating their line of colors. If you like burgundy lipstick I would recommend picking one of these up before it’s discontinued.

Raspberry Bite is a dark fuchsia. It’s definitely a statement but the bright color keeps it whimsical. This is a thick, heavy, creme lipstick, which I like, but it’s not for everyone.

Black Cherry is crazy dark, almost black. It’s not always an easy one to wear but applied with a light hand this creme formula is mysterious and sexy.

My Favorite Revlon Lipsticks – The Warm Shades

The best Revlon lipstick: Warm colors

From left to right: Blushing Nude, Kiss Me Coral, Really Red Matte, Abstract Orange

I don’t always wear dark lipstick. Sometimes I like my colors more lighthearted and fun. In this lineup is the only nude lipstick I can wear easily, a bright coral, a perfect red and a shimmery orange color.

Blushing Nude is the only nude lipstick I’ve found at the drugstore that I like. Unlike bright red, coral and pink, I can’t just pick out a nude that looks good on my skin tone. This one, however, has enough color to look like something on my lips. This rosy nude creme is the tube I reach for when I want that “better than lip” look.

Kiss Me Coral is a bright pinky-orange creme lipstick. It’s fun and dramatic.

Really Red Matte is as close to a perfect red as I’ve found anywhere. It’s an easy lipstick to wear, neither too warm nor too cool, and the matte formula means the staying power is exceptional.

Abstract Orange is a shimmery copper. Unlike the other lipsticks in this lineup it’s rather sheer.

You can find all these lipsticks at your local drugstore or online at Target and Walgreens. The affiliate links provided in the article should go directly to the lipstick and color.

Have you tried Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick? What did you think of them? Do you have any of these colors?

Like what you see? Follow me!

BloglovinFacebook TwitterPinterestInstagram

, , , , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to My Favorite Revlon Lipstick Colors

1. Pam
    March 25, 2013 at 4:46 pm #

Your illustrations are so cool! What a great gift you have and to be able to use it like this for product reviews…super fun!
    Pam recently posted..Soft Surroundings Spring 2013 Plus a GiveawayMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:51 am #

Thanks Pam! I’m so glad you like my little drawing.

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:51 am #

I’m so glad you like my lips drawing!

2. Alexis Grace March 25, 2013 at 7:37 pm #

I have to admit something: I don’t think I’v ever owned Revlon lipstick!

Some of the lighter shades are very tempting! I have to see if I can pick up a tube here in Singapore
    Alexis Grace recently posted..White HotMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:50 am #

It’s a low-cost luxury. I hope you get to try one soon! Let me know what you think.

3. Jenny Thomson March 26, 2013 at 2:23 am #

Kiss Me Coral is my favourite.
    I love Revlon Lipstick so much.

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:49 am #

Kiss me coral is by far my favorite coral lipstick. Glad you like it too.

4. Spashionista (Alicia)
    March 26, 2013 at 9:28 am #

Heather, probably half of the lipsticks I own are Revlon. I wear True Red, Mulberry, Golden Grape, Sea Pearl – more than I can remember to list. I like the fact that they don’t dry out my lips like so many others do. Now I’m dying to try the Raspberry Bite!

Spashionista (Alicia)
    Spashionista (Alicia) recently posted..Where’s That Groundhog?My Profile

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:30 am #

I’m so happy to have found another revlon lipstick lover! Your colors sound good too.

5. No fear of fashion March 26, 2013 at 1:00 pm #

I love the names of the lipsticks. Unfortunately I have creases near my lips (old age). And so far I have found only 1 lipstick that does not creep into those folds and creases and that is Sensai (of Kanebo, a Japanese brand). And only their line The Lipstick. They have a perfect red for me, but no dark brown, which I would also like.
    Oh well… If those are my problems, I have nothing to complain about.
    No fear of fashion recently posted..CoatsMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:29 am #

These revlon lipsticks do not creep around on my lips. It’s one of the reasons I like their lipsticks actually, no bleed!

6. FASHION TALES
    March 26, 2013 at 8:43 pm #

The Raspberry and the Kiss Me Coral colours look gorgeous! I do like some of the rich pink and deeper hues that I’ve been seeing recently. I will have to check these out! 🙂
    FASHION TALES recently posted..Onyx and PearlMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:27 am #

I think you’d look great in both colors. Raspberry bite is really fun and bright. I think you’d like it.

March 26, 2013 at 10:21 pm #

I like the lighter group better!
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..52 Week Photo Challenge – Week 11 – Less Is MoreMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:23 am #

Revlon has something for everyone!

8. Rebecca August 20, 2013 at 11:53 pm #

I found Raspberry Bite a few years ago and it is gorgeous! I’m addicted to all of the rich dark shades from Revlon, but Black Cherry–because it goes patchy on me without full lip liner. I recommend Blackberry, Mauvy Night, and Teak Rose.

• Rebecca August 20, 2013 at 11:59 pm #

Oops, you have Blackberry already. 🙂

• Heather Fonseca August 24, 2013 at 2:16 pm #

Hi Rebecca. I’ll have to try out Mauvy Night and Teak Rose. I don’t have those in my collection.

9. betsy parks March 24, 2014 at 5:10 pm #

looking for the name of a revlon lipstick in the fall of 1972 or 73. I also had the polish that matched, It was a wine color. Help.