Stripes and Dots

Green nailsMost of this spring’s trends underwhelm me, but there is one trend I really like, big bold graphic stripes. Whenever a classic print I love comes into fashion I try to buy some pieces to add to my collection. Next spring the world of fashion will be on to something else, but I’ll still have a few great striped tops to wear and love.

In these photos I’ve mixed a new stripe strapless top with a polka-dot scarf from last year for a fun graphic effect. I pulled a bright green bag from the back of the closet and painted my nails and toes to match. Add white jeans, black sandals and voila!
Strapless stripe top, white jeans and a green purse

Strapless stripe top, white jeans and a green purse

Strapless stripe top, white jeans and a green purse

Strapless stripe top, white jeans and a green purse

Strapless stripe top, white jeans and a green purse

Wearing:

• Polka dot scarf from Nordstroms
  • Nail Polish by Essie in “Pretty Edgy” (Affilate link)
  • Strapless top from Veronica M
  • Not Your Daughter’s Jeans
  • Green purse from Santee Alley (I originally wrote about it in this article about counterfeit purses.)
  • Black sandals by Tsubo

So, how are you feeling about stripes this spring?

Follow me on BloglovinFacebook TwitterPinterestInstagram

, , , , ,

21 Responses to Stripes and Dots

1. Pam
    March 27, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

The scarf makes the look!! I love dots and stripes together!!
    Pam recently posted..“Aging Gracefully” Doesn’t Work for Me…Here’s What Does!My Profile

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:23 am #

Thanks Pam! I like stripes and dots too.

2. nofearoffashion March 27, 2013 at 1:08 pm #

How nice. Such a bright and cheerful outfit. Love the pop of green.
    Aren’t you afraid that the strapless top will fall down?
    nofearoffashion recently posted..CoatsMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:22 am #

No, I’m not afraid the top will fall down because I have other strapless garments by the same company and they stay in place. Also I’m wearing a pretty heavy duty strapless bra. Between the two everything stays put! I’m glad you like the look!

3. Jeannie
    March 27, 2013 at 5:26 pm #

Stunning photos! Stripes, polka dots and apple green!! Gotta love it!
    Jeannie recently posted..All that glitters….My Profile

March 27, 2013 at 11:30 pm #

I love that colour combination and like you I’m not yet tired of stripes. Just bought a jacket with huge big stripes! You look wonderful Heather!
    Sylvia recently posted..Fashion inspiration from a talented fashion illustrator and doll designerMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:20 am #

I’ve been flirting with some wide stripe jackets too. I love the look! Can’t wait to see yours.

5. Alexis Grace March 28, 2013 at 5:36 am #

I think black and white is great- because while it is on trend, it is also classic!
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Vogue China Collections Spring/Summer 2013My Profile

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:20 am #

Me too Alexis. I’ve always enjoyed wearing stripes. I have photos of meat 12 wearing wide stripe tops, so this trend is really working for me!

6. anne the SpyGirl
    March 28, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

Skip spring, you look all ready for summer!
    Finally a look with green that I find compelling.
    GO Heather!
    anne the SpyGirl recently posted..Live Sketching at a Photo ShootMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca March 29, 2013 at 9:18 am #

The weather on my side of town has been pretty fab recently, hence the summer clothing! I’m so glad you like the look. It really loving black, white and green color combos. Maybe too much.

March 29, 2013 at 9:19 am #

Been seeing stripes all over the place! I stopped in Ann Taylor Loft (now just LOFT) yesterday and it was all they had!

I was also in Loehmann’s and found 2 dresses I am considering up an upcoming Bat Mitzvah – both a variation of black and white stripes.

I really like your shoes!
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..52 Week Photo Challenge – Week 11 – Less Is MoreMy Profile

March 31, 2013 at 9:42 am #

I don’t know what the shops are like in LA or the US but if I had to pick a trend for the season it would be monochrome. The high street stores in the UK are pushing the hell out of it and I know it’ll be everywhere. I love the green accents though that you used, nice touch.
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Style Me Slim – Affordable Style Advice For The Digital AgeMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca April 2, 2013 at 10:01 am #

I haven’t seen a lot of monochrome here. Mostly it’s brights, stripes and prints that I see in the windows. But maybe that’s changing. I haven’t been to the mall in the last couple of weeks!

9. Shanti April 1, 2013 at 6:27 am #

Awesome! love this outfit styled with different shoes, bag and scarf! it makes it totally have a different look then in the biking photos. That top has a lovely shape to it.

• Heather Fonseca April 2, 2013 at 9:54 am #

Thanks Shanti. Veronica M makes some very nice strapless tops and dresses. She seems to have gotten the fit just right. They’re comfortable and they stay up!

10. Sherryl Perry April 2, 2013 at 6:26 pm #

I love that black and white stripes are in style this Spring! I bought a great belted top at the end of last summer and it looks like it will look anew again. 🙂 BTW – Your site is looking great Heather!
    Sherryl Perry recently posted..Is Organic Search Traffic from Google Important to You?My Profile

• Heather Fonseca April 5, 2013 at 11:25 am #

Thanks Sherryl. Stripes are never really “out” which is why it’s good to buy them when they’re “in” so you can wear them whenever you want!

11. Nicolene Richards April 8, 2013 at 6:26 am #

Perhaps my comment is a little late, but I would be doing you an injustice if I did not compliment you on the mixed prints. I adore stripes and polka dots, but are very restricted to have fun with colour as my career does not make much allowance for colour. However, I still enjoy colourful ensembles, nice post, lovely outfit!
    FF

• Heather Fonseca April 10, 2013 at 6:06 pm #

Thank you Nicolene. I’m so glad you like my outfit.