Cycling in (California) Style

Cycling in (California) style The weather here in Los Angeles has been beautiful, perfect for a day spent at the park with the kids and a mess of wheeled toys. Last Sunday I took my daughter’s new bike on a spin around the track wearing my new red Keds, stripe strapless top and white jeans. The three pieces are in heavy rotation currently! I suppose the weather will cool off soon and I’ll be back in wool, but I’ll celebrate the early spring in the meantime.

Cycling in (California) style

Cycling in (California) style

Cycling at the park

Cycling in (California) styleYesterday, March 31st, was the two year anniversary of The Style Confessions. Thank you everyone for coming along on this journey with me! It’s been a fun ride and I’m looking forward to many more years of taking photos, documenting fashion trends and celebrating personal style.

Wearing:

• Stripe strapless top from Veronica M
  • White jeans by NYDJ
  • Red Keds (A gift from Keds)

What do you wear to go cycling?

Follow me on Bloglovin – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Instagram

, , , ,

14 Responses to Cycling in (California) Style

1. Rosario April 1, 2013 at 2:17 am #

Love the photos. Your outfit is perfect for a spin on a bike and the red Keds are adorable. My bike is put away as the grass is not green here.. still covered in 8 inches of snow. 🙁
    I, when the weather suits will be biking wearing my white Keds, summer T shirt and of coarse ankle length leggings as I always wear when biking. The beauty of wearing leggings besides they are so comfortable is you’ll never get your pant cuff stuck in the chain. I think I am going to order some reds Keds for spring.

• Heather Fonseca April 2, 2013 at 9:58 am #

I’m so glad I inspired you to get some bright colored shoes! They are fun and they make me want more. Like you I wear capris when biking if possible, though I did wear a couple skirts this weekend. I think I need some leggings if I’m going to do any more of that. Ouch.

2. Annette April 1, 2013 at 2:21 am #

Whenever the weather allows, I spend time outside. You are so lucky in Califiornia! We have new snow and I wish it was an April Fool’s joke… can’t wait to get my bike out again.

Lovely classy outfit, it suits you so well!

Annette
    Lady of Style
    Annette recently posted..SNAKE PRINTSMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca April 2, 2013 at 9:57 am #

Thank you so much Annette. Glad you like the outfit. I’ve been drawn to simplicity recently. I hope the snow thaws so we can all enjoy some spring weather soon.

3. Shanti April 1, 2013 at 6:20 am #

love this!! sweet bike and adorable outfit! thank goodness spring is on the way!

• Heather Fonseca April 2, 2013 at 9:56 am #

Spring has sprung here in LA. The weather’s been perfect, but I know it’s not like that all over. Hopefully we’ll all be enjoying spring soon.

April 1, 2013 at 6:24 am #

Happy Anniversary! It’s been fun to watch your blog evolve.
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..52 Week Photo Challenge – Week 13 – MACROMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca April 2, 2013 at 9:55 am #

Thanks Stacey and ditto! I love what you’re doing with your photo challenge.

5. nofearoffashion April 1, 2013 at 10:38 am #

Looking at these lovely photos, the thought came in my head that you are looking really sexy in this outfit on the bike. Please be careful. LOL
    nofearoffashion recently posted..Chalk line jacket and jeansMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca April 2, 2013 at 9:53 am #

It is a pretty sexy outfit for bike riding it’s true, but I was with my husband so all is well. (:

6. anne the SpyGirl
    April 1, 2013 at 12:52 pm #

Happy Anniversary! It’s been a Style adventure!
    It’s SpyGirl’s 3rd anniv. Let’s party in a virtual manner!

My relationship with bicycles is fraught with bad memories of the UCSB campus circa 1974, when I walked to classes and the cyclists wouldn’t stop to let me cross at the crosswalks. I had nightmares of them crashing into me. I kid you not!

Now biking has become super popular and even ADULTS won’t obey the traffic laws.
    It makes me CRAZY! I see them run the red light on my corner ALL THE TIME!

Sorry — going into my crazy cat lady mode. Let me go outside to yell at some school buses to cool off (kidding).
    anne the SpyGirl recently posted..Why Did I Start SpyGirl?My Profile

• Heather Fonseca April 2, 2013 at 9:52 am #

LOL. Bikes are scary here in LA. I’m always terrified I’m going to run into someone biking in heavy traffic along Beverly. I only like biking in parks or along bike trails, the kind with no cars! I understand why cyclists don’t stop though. It’s a pain to stop! But it’s also so dangerous not to…

Happy third anniversary to Spy Girl! Here’s to many years ahead for both of us.

7. Alexis Grace April 1, 2013 at 8:06 pm #

Congrats on the anniversary!!! I am so glad I have been along for the ride (no pun intended!). This look feels classic and fun— and I am jealous of your bike riding adventures 🙂
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Peacock Inspired FashionMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca April 2, 2013 at 9:50 am #

I’m sure you’ll have many bike riding adventures ahead of you! Kids require bikes. Anyway, I’m so glad to have me you through this blog. It has been fun! Here’s to many more years of The Style confessions AND North on Harper.