Chambray shirt and print jeans

Print Jeans - The Style Confessions

We went to the beach every day during our stay in Carpenteria. Every morning I wore a bikini under my clothes in the hopes that it would be warm enough to swim. On the day we took these shots I wore pale blue printed jeans, a chambray top and sandals to match. The sun warmed up the beach for a few hours that afternoon but not enough to remove the layers. By the time we took these photos the fog had rolled in and it was quite chilly. We loaded sandy kids and beach gear into the car with my parents, then my husband and I headed back to the hotel on foot. I was glad for the shirt, but wished I’d brought a sweater too. To make walking easy I changed my convertible canvas bag from a cross body to a backpack, but I couldn’t do much about the shoes. They’re comfortable but not especially practical for walking on dirt paths.

Train tracks run right near the beach Carpenteria. The sound of the train lends this already beautiful stretch of coast an old fashioned charm but it also makes getting from the beach to the town a bit more complicated than it would be otherwise. As my husband and I strolled along trying to find a way over the tracks we stumbled on this tunnel and, thinking it was quite scenic, we stopped for some shots before heading into town.

OOTD - The Style Confessions

Blue jeans and blue shoes - The Style Confessions

OOTD: Chambray Shirt and Print Jeans - The Style Confessions

Disclosure: Except for the backpack, which was a gift from Skinny Vinny, I purchased all of these clothes with my own money and was not compensated for the post by the brands I recommend.

Wearing:

Like what you see? Follow me!

TwitterPinterestInstagram

, , ,

13 Responses to Chambray shirt and print jeans

1. Trendy Mondays
    April 24, 2013 at 8:28 pm #

Love your combination of chambray and the light pattern pants. What a chic but casual look!!

Trendy Mondays Blog

2. Alexis Grace April 25, 2013 at 3:12 am #

Uggh…. i hate when the weather doesn’t cooperate! But I love the color palette you are wearing!!!!
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Who’s The Fairest Of Them All?My Profile

• Heather Fonseca April 29, 2013 at 6:42 pm #

Thanks Alexis. I’m trying to wear more pale colors as I usually wear so much dark. I’m glad you like the look.

3. A Brit Greek
    April 26, 2013 at 12:18 am #

Ahhh the weather… I do love a simple chambray shirt and jeans, perfectly casual but stylish too. I love the backpack! Happy weekend Heather!
    x.o.x.o
    A Brit Greek recently posted..THE CHARMED ONES: WAXING LYRICAL ABOUT THESE BEAUTIESMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca April 29, 2013 at 6:41 pm #

Thanks so much. The backpack is THE BEST. It changes into a shoulder bag too.

4. Pam
    April 26, 2013 at 7:04 am #

You always pick the best photo settings…love this! AND I love the shoes! Have a fabulous weekend!

• Heather Fonseca April 29, 2013 at 6:39 pm #

Thanks Pam! I really like the shoes too, just should have been wearing something else for the walk. Oh well! I looked good.

5. No fear of fashion April 28, 2013 at 11:46 am #

You look stylish and relaxed. Nice rousers and shoes. Pretty pictures in the tunnel.
    Ans I know what you are going through with such shoes and such tracks…
    No fear of fashion recently posted..A lime sweater creates lots of combinationsMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca April 29, 2013 at 6:26 pm #

Oh me and my shoes Greetje. I always suffer but I love my little heels!

6. No fear of fashion April 28, 2013 at 11:48 am #

Trousers .. I mean.. Not rousers.

1. Chambray shirt and print jeans » BlogVein - April 27, 2013

[…] post Chambray shirt and print jeans appeared first on The Style […]

2. Traveling with Different Fashion Trends - The Style Confessions™ - May 6, 2013

[…] My wardrobe had to start from scratch to adapt to a completely different climate and fashion trends. Michigan had six-month winters, consequently I acquired a variety of coats in my closet during the short time we lived there. I had a coat for when I dressed up as well as for everyday trips to the grocery store or outdoor activities. Because the winters were so severe, I purchased a coat that could keep me warm in the harsh winters but still be as “cool” as my budget would allow. In the summer and spring months, shorts were mostly out of the question, so my California wardrobe remained largely unused in favor of jeans and light jackets. […]