The Little White Dress

The Little White Dress - The Style Confessions

The little white dress fashion trend is big this summer, but thats not the only reason to try out the look. White is reflective. It keeps you cool in the heat, and it looks fresh and pretty too. It’s not always easy to wear head to toe white like the chic ensembles I found for my All White Outfits Pinterest board, but a white cotton sundress is as easy as pie. I promise! Here I wear my dress with nude sandals, but it looks just as cute with basic black or any other neutral. In fact, white is considered the absence of color, and because of this there really isn’t a color it doesn’t look good with, so have fun pairing your little white dress with aqua, pink, coral, yellow, or any other fun summer bright.

My Little White Dress

Remember my story about revisiting JC Penney’s? I bought two items on that shopping trip: a pair of printed jeans and this little white dress. I decided to return the jeans because the fit wasn’t quite right, but the frock stayed in my closet. It’s quickly becoming a warm-weather favorite. A large polka dot pattern is woven into the dress material giving the simple fabric a little extra flair. The manufacturer lined the dress in cotton, a nice touch. It helps combat the see-through factor. A well-designed, well-made bargain from JCP and a perfect dress for summer!

The Little White Dress - The Style Confessions

The Little White Dress - The Style Confessions

In these photos I’m wearing a little white dress by American Living and sandals by Roberto de Carlo.

What do you think of the trend? Will you be wearing a little white dress this summer?

Like what you see? Follow me!

BloglovinFacebook TwitterPinterestInstagram – Tumblr

, , ,

39 Responses to The Little White Dress

1. Kenneth Holton May 2, 2013 at 11:42 am #

Hi Heather,
    Thanks for sharing this article as you look verylovely in this white dress!
    Ken

2. anne the SpyGirl
    May 2, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

Are you at the Griffith Observatory? You look celestial!
    Beautiful shots, beautiful you!
    anne the SpyGirl recently posted..Linda Fargo as seen in Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf’sMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 3, 2013 at 6:19 pm #

Yes, you spied my venue spy girl! Everything looks good at the Griffith Observatory.

3. Annette May 2, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

What a gorgeous white dress! The shape is fabulous, it shows a lovely cleavage and creates a small waist. And you have great legs!!

Annette
    Lady of Style
    now on Facebook
    Annette recently posted..BOM DIA DE PORTUGAL – BLUE PAISLEYMy Profile

4. Trendy Mondays
    May 2, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

What a beautiful photo shoot. You look great in the dress!!

Trendy Mondays Blog
    Trendy Mondays recently posted..Met Gala RewindMy Profile

5. GRIT & GLAMOUR
    May 2, 2013 at 5:39 pm #

Love it! You look beautiful, effortlessly.
    GRIT & GLAMOUR recently posted..Aussie Bloggers Do It Best: Summer StyleMy Profile

6. Jeannie
    May 2, 2013 at 8:22 pm #

Well, hello Marilyn!
    How gorgeous are your photos???
    I have a very similar dress by Ralph Lauren that I love to pieces.
    You really look fresh and FABULOUS!!
    Jeannie recently posted..Pattern MixingMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 3, 2013 at 6:18 pm #

Aw Jeannie you saw the Marilyn! It was windy and the skirt had a life of it’w own. I’m so glad you like my dress.

7. Alexis Grace May 2, 2013 at 8:23 pm #

I did a post on a white dress a few weeks ago– it is an absolute favorite summer look of mine. This dress looks great and perfect for a particularly hot day!
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Welcome To MayMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 3, 2013 at 6:17 pm #

I can tell I’m going to need it too. It’s been in the 90’s the past couple of days.

8. No fear of fashion May 2, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

Beautiful dress. Very good photos: good setting, good light and terrific weather. All this together with you as a model in that dress… what a combination. You made life easy for your husband/photographer.
    Very Marilyn Monroe.
    No fear of fashion recently posted..Flower skirt with red cardigan and black jacketMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 3, 2013 at 6:17 pm #

Thank you Greetje! The weather has been fabulous here, and we went up to the Griffith Observatory for the shots. I think everything looks dramatic there. It’s that kind of building.

9. Jenny Thomson May 3, 2013 at 12:27 am #

OMG! You looks so amazing.

10. Mary Jo
    May 3, 2013 at 12:54 am #

That dress looks amazing on you Heather! A great white dress is always a good thing to have for summer 🙂

• Heather Fonseca May 3, 2013 at 6:16 pm #

I didn’t really have a white dress last summer. Well I did but it was only good for the beach. I’m so happy that I have one this year. I can tell it’s going to be a favorite.

11. Gabriala
    May 3, 2013 at 6:16 am #

So beautiful Heather. I love looking at your photos! xo

12. J. May 4, 2013 at 4:51 am #

This is really a gorgeous dress!
    J. recently posted..My latest H&M haulMy Profile

13. Tav W. May 4, 2013 at 7:43 am #

It’s a good thing you aren’t married to Joe DiMaggio! lol Heather, you look enchanting in that white dress! It is so perfect for summer.

I clicked on the link to check it out but the dress apparently is no longer available. So enjoy your big score, girl, and FLAUNT it! 🙂

• Heather Fonseca May 7, 2013 at 2:27 pm #

Aw! I’m sorry the dress isn’t available anymore. They go so fast. I literally just bought it! Well, JCP had lots of other white dresses too.

14. M A R T A May 4, 2013 at 7:50 am #

The white dress looks super stunning.

M A R T A recently posted..Leo Head On My T-shirtMy Profile

May 5, 2013 at 7:58 am #

Wow, beautifully shot, really loved the one with the city in the background and you resting against the ledge. I love all white, it looks so elegant and classy when done right and you nailed it here Heather. The sun has to be shining for it to work, obviously in LA that’s not a problem :).
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..How You Can Easily Dress Designer For High Street PricesMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 7, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

Thanks Arash! So glad you like the shots. LA hasn’t been as warm and sunny the last few days but that will change an I’ll be back in sundresses soon enough.

May 7, 2013 at 9:53 pm #

Very cute dress! Looks fun!
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..Theater Photography: The Pajama GameMy Profile

17. Sarah
    May 8, 2013 at 2:20 pm #

I somehow lost your blog in moving over to Bloglovin’, but randomly got some hits from here today and have thankfully rediscovered you! These photos are beautiful and I’m a big fan of the little white dress.
    X
    Sarah recently posted..SUNNY DAY SWEEPIN’ THE CLOUDS AWAYMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 8, 2013 at 4:45 pm #

Hi Sarah! I’m so glad you found me again. Thanks for the nice compliments on my new dress.

18. Bella Q, The Citizen Rosebud
    May 9, 2013 at 8:12 am #

You stun. The dress is well designed- I love the cut and the look of it all. You look like a model- very inspirationally atwirl- great summer look, Heather!
    Bella Q, The Citizen Rosebud recently posted..Shoe Shine: Summer KicksMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 13, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

Thanks Bella! I think the little white dress will be a hot look this summer.

19. Nancy July 25, 2013 at 9:16 pm #

Wow!! You look beautiful and Thanks for sharing this article.