Window Shopping the Spring Trends

Neon colors in the window at BarneysWindow shopping is one of my favorite past times. Sometimes I just want to get out and be inspired, so I take a stroll through the local mall and gaze at the window displays. The spring trends for 2013 seemed boring when I saw them in the fashion shows and magazines, but I’m enamored of the new looks now that I see in store windows. The minimalism that walked down the runway has been transformed into something fun with bright colors. Meanwhile, classic navy stripes bring some seriousness to all the joyful prints and hot colors.

Navy Stripes and Denim Blue

Navy blue seems to be the solid dark color of choice this spring. It’s used in both wide and narrow stripes and mixed with color and pattern. Denim and chambray never go out of fashion, but they seem especially appealing this spring as a foil to all the clean bright colors and prints displayed in store windows.

Navy stripes at Banana Republic

Blue and white at Banana Republic

Blue and white at J CrewBright Pink

Pink and navy blue look great together, and the retailers are taking advantage of this crisp, clean color way in window displays all over my local mall. Pink is also being mixed with white and used in pretty floral prints to great effect.

Bright pink stripes in the window at J Crew

Hot pink purses

Window shopping the spring trends: hot pink

Neon Brights in Yellow and Green

Neon looked like a flash-in-the-pan last year but rather than fading away into just another fad it seems to be really taking hold this year. Brights are hot and pink especially so, but neon green and yellow are everywhere as well.

Bright green and yellow in the window at J Crew

Yellow, green and blue bright solids in the window at BarneysAll these colors look so fresh and fun to me. I’m inspired. Are you?

Like what you see? Follow me!

BloglovinFacebook TwitterPinterestInstagram – Tumblr

, , ,

22 Responses to Window Shopping the Spring Trends

1. nofearoffashion May 14, 2013 at 10:45 am #

I was already inspired and now broke. LOL
    nofearoffashion recently posted..Fuchsia, orange and red…all together in one cardiganMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 14, 2013 at 11:51 am #

Yeah, that’s why I’m window shopping instead of real shopping!

2. anne the SpyGirl
    May 14, 2013 at 11:29 am #

Love that navy/pink blocked stripe top. Thanks for the virtual window shopping! Fun!
    anne the SpyGirl recently posted..The Duro Olowu x JCP Shirt Goes for Its AuditionMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 14, 2013 at 11:51 am #

Thanks Anne! The Grove is my favorite mall. I’m almost always inspired by the window displays there.

3. 33 May 14, 2013 at 3:16 pm #

Mint green, Kelly green, royal blue, dark blue, melon red, light peach, and neon yellow are my favorite colors right now. Already got them stocked for the warm weather. BTW, the temp is so high in LA that I am having a few melt-downs every day since last Friday.

My window shopping is by way of browsing fashion bloggers. I find that I get inspirations from what they have curated (yours included). 🙂

• Heather Fonseca May 19, 2013 at 1:39 pm #

Aw thanks! It has been hot in LA hasn’t it? I almost melted last Monday. Thankfully it hasn’t been that hot since, but till really warm. Sigh. I was hoping to wear a blazer this spring.

4. Pam
    May 14, 2013 at 4:51 pm #

Thanks for the window shopping!! I think I am most in love with the black and white fashions I see everywhere this spring! But the greens are great as well.
    Pam recently posted..Fabulous Women Work That Sexiest CurveMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 19, 2013 at 1:38 pm #

Most of the windows here are colorful. I will have to keep a look out for more black and white. I’ve certainly been wearing a lot of it!

5. Nicolene Richards May 14, 2013 at 11:19 pm #

I love the post, you may perhaps enjoy my sentiment on window shopping in my 2nd last post!
    FF

• Heather Fonseca May 19, 2013 at 1:38 pm #

I’ll have to go check out your post Nicolene.

May 15, 2013 at 1:53 pm #

Nice to see the windows of some of the stores in LA. I particularly loved the bright pink Michael Kors handbag! Never thought about taking photos of window displays for a blog post as it’s something you walk past everyday and take for granted. Thanks for sharing this with us Heather. Looking forward to Sunday as always :-).
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..5 Ways You Can Inject More Colour Into Your StyleMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 19, 2013 at 1:37 pm #

I love window shopping and enjoy seeing the windows in European stores posted on my European friend’s blogs. I thought you all might like seeing how we do things here too! Glad you enjoyed it.

7. A Brit Greek
    May 15, 2013 at 2:01 pm #

Ooh, I love seeing windows across the pond, S/S windows are always so cheerful. I bet that shade of green looks amazing on you!
    x.o.x.o
    A Brit Greek recently posted..BECAUSE IT’S MONDAY… TREATING YOUR FEET, CARE & HOT HEELS!My Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 19, 2013 at 1:36 pm #

I do love green! Glad you like the photos. I love seeing European windows myself.

8. Mary Jo
    May 15, 2013 at 9:34 pm #

Love your perspective on this–so real world southern california. That first pic makes me want to get some brights to go with my closet full of darks.

• Heather Fonseca May 19, 2013 at 1:35 pm #

I know. I want to jump into neon seeing the strapless green dress. Just love it.

9. Sophie May 16, 2013 at 8:12 am #

Blue minikins, eh? Alright, it’s different, should get some attention. Just too bad about the middle one on the first picture. Dark blue on a light blue manikin doesn’t really work.
    Sophie recently posted..Frække bikinier til sommeren 2013My Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 19, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

I do like Barney’s unusual mannequins. They seem appropriate for the brand.

May 17, 2013 at 7:24 am #

I tend to lean towards neutrals so the navy and denim would be most up my alley. I try to bring in some color especially in Spring and Summer but it is definitely something I have to force myself to do.
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..A Googa Mooga WeekendMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca May 19, 2013 at 1:33 pm #

Force yourself! Color is so much fun and I don’t think it will be going out any time soon.

11. Georgina B. Vick May 18, 2013 at 10:41 pm #

Those outfits are so lovely!