A Summer Outfit Video

summer outfitI’ve done it! I’ve slipped down the fashion blogger rabbit hole and created a little outfit video. Well, to be honest my husband created it. I just walked around and smiled.

The outfit video is only thirty seconds long, but of course it took a lot longer to film. My husband and I wandered around the local museum grounds to capture the late afternoon light as it pooled over Levitated Mass, the much celebrated giant rock sculpture that now resides at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art’s northern border. The spot is popular with photographers, professionals and tourists alike, so it didn’t feel strange shooting a video in the area. I’m wearing a sheer printed tunic like a dress, and carry my new summer purse. I pose, walk and twirl to a bit of music. I hope you enjoy it!

A Summer Outfit – The Video

If the outfit looks familiar it’s because I’ve worn it before on the blog. An Elegant Tunic from Soft Surroundings first appeared here in the fall of 2012. Although I wore the tunic a bit last year, this summer I’ve pulled it into service several times. I’ve met clients in this outfit and gone out for dinner wearing it too. I don’t normally gravitate towards loose clothing, but I find the sheer, fluid quality of the tunic something of a relief from the body conscious styles I usually wear. Could it be a trend? I’ve seen many women wearing softer, looser tops and dresses recently. I like this floaty feeling so much I recently created a pinboard for the look.

Wearing:

• Tunic by Soft Surroundings (Sent to me as a gift from the company)
    • Tailored Slip by Commando (A bit expensive but worth every penny. And yes, that’s an affiliate link.)
    • Raffia purse from Nordstroms
    • Shoes by Tsubo

What do you think of my video? Would you like to see more?

, ,

30 Responses to A Summer Outfit Video

1. MARLA ROBINSON August 1, 2013 at 2:28 am #

This is very nice, I am in love with that top.

2. Catherine
    August 1, 2013 at 3:29 am #

Heather the video is so simple – I love it! It’s funny how just walking around in your outfit looks really effortless and chic on a video – a perfect combination of great style (and model) and great editing. Well done both of you – it’s inspired me to get one done too, I’ve been putting it off for too long 🙂

Hope you’re well my lovely!

Catherine x
    Catherine recently posted..Summer Dressing | Tribal Maxi Dress At The QuayMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 2, 2013 at 9:26 pm #

Thank you so much Catherine! So sweet of you to stop by and leave a comment too. I’m glad you like the video. I keep reading that it’s the next BIG THING, but I’ve been resistant. It was really my husband who wanted to do it, so we did. It was a lot of fun and I want to do more now.

3. déjà pseu
    August 1, 2013 at 6:02 am #

Nicely done! And the floaty top is lovely. I’m fond of that look too for very warm days.
    déjà pseu recently posted..Dinner PartyMy Profile

4. Susan
    August 1, 2013 at 9:09 am #

What fun! And such a stylish video. You look fab in your tunic.
    Susan recently posted..New Day/New Outfit: A Flattering Neckline For Women Over 50My Profile

5. Paula August 1, 2013 at 9:50 am #

Heather–so cute! Love the video; and I have been thinking and trying to do video myself; not so good. I would have to have someone else do it; (maybe a son..) but he would just hate that. Lucky for you to have a hubby to do it! Love both your style and his style with the camera. xoxo

• Heather Fonseca August 2, 2013 at 9:24 pm #

It was a lot of fun, but yes, I think you do need to have someone else taking the video. It helps!

6. Annette August 1, 2013 at 12:07 pm #

Oh yes, I would love to see more! This video is perfect, I love it.
    The tunic is awesome but I also love how natural you pose and your walk is superb 🙂

Annette | Lady of Style
    Annette recently posted..BLACK RUFFLESMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 2, 2013 at 9:23 pm #

Thank you Annette! I’m looking forward to doing more videos. So glad everyone likes them.

7. Jeannie
    August 1, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

So lovely!! Love the video, Heather!
    Jeannie recently posted..Taking a break….My Profile

8. Mary Jo
    August 2, 2013 at 2:31 am #

So fun Heather and you look great!

9. Jamillah August 3, 2013 at 9:40 am #

OMG! I was so excited to pop over here and see a video!!! Sooooooo pretty, camera loves you, friend.
    Jamillah recently posted..OH BOY!-Tarte Friends & Family Discount!My Profile

10. nofearoffashion August 3, 2013 at 2:26 pm #

I like loose tops and this particular one looks very feminine. Watched the video twice. You can go straight to catwalk shows. You don’t even smile like the top models never do either. LOL
    nofearoffashion recently posted..Black and white… again..My Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 4, 2013 at 8:41 am #

So glad you liked the video! I really want to do some more. I’ll try to smile next time. Actually, I think I did but my husband edited it out. LOL!

11. Spashionista (Alicia)
    August 5, 2013 at 8:41 pm #

YES! You should definitely do more videos, Heather. You’re a natural and you show off the clothes much better in this format. I vote for more smiling, though 😉

Alicia
    Spashionista (Alicia) recently posted..Hat and TalesMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 10, 2013 at 3:21 pm #

Thank you Alicia! I’ll smile more next time. Promise. (:

12. ODYSSEY
    August 7, 2013 at 9:48 am #

Yes to more videos! Superb. 🙂

• Heather Fonseca August 10, 2013 at 3:20 pm #

Thank you Odyssey! I hope you do some too.

13. Alexis Grace August 7, 2013 at 8:16 pm #

The video did a great job of capturing the movement of the tunic!!! Nice job!!!!
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Hong Island, ThailandMy Profile

August 10, 2013 at 10:23 am #

Yey! To experimenting with video I really loved it! The lighting was perfect and I loved the editing. I’ve been experimenting a lot with video recently and had my friend over who does lighting for video on a regular basis showing me a few techniques I could use to make my videos look better.

I’d love to see you do some more Heather.
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Who Else Wants The Definitive Guide To Autumn Winter 2013 Trends?My Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 10, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

Hi Arash! I’m so glad you liked my video and I look forward to seeing some of yours.

15. Busola Coutts August 10, 2013 at 7:34 pm #

Aww Heather, you honestly remind me of me. Lol, i also just did a couple of videos that i am still so nervous to post on my blog.

You rocked it. Love the top so much and the bag. You just seem so real about it. Thank you for sharing and being yourself.

Busola Coutts recently posted..WIN A NEW 30-PIECE WARDROBE FROM LILY WHITEMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 12, 2013 at 10:46 am #

I’m so glad you like my little video Busola! My husband and I just finished shooting another one. I hope it comes out as cute as this one! I look forward to seeing your video.