My Cute Tote Bags

Cute tote bags - Vintage Shoe PrintIs it a bag? Is it a shoe? No its…an art tote! I have three of these cute tote bags in different designs. One is covered with drawings of vintage cameras. One is a collage of retro beach postcard art. My newest is covered in shoes, shoes, shoes! My sense of whimsy revels in these bags, which I carry with me with pride as if it was the newest “it” bag. These totes are charming, durable and affordable, they’re also made of recycled materials.

My Artsy Cute Tote Bags

Cute tote bags - Art Bags

Cute tote bags - Inner pocket

I purchased my first of these retro illustration tote bags from a local art store a few years ago. My Sea and Sun Tote has been packed with sunscreen, towels and magazines then dragged onto the sand on every day spent at the beach ever since. It features prominently in My Beach List and I always feel very chic on the sand with the bag in tow.

The second bag I found in a little boutique in San Francisco’s North Beach. I fell in love with the drawings of vintage cameras as well as the affordable price tag. It was bought on a whim but it was a good decision. I call it my camera bag and have worn it as a purse many times, like I did in this outfit post: Why I Love the Denim on Denim Trend. These days I usually pack it with books or art supplies to take with me on outings. It’s sturdy, dependable and fun.

It was the quality of these two bags that made me decide to add a third tote to my collection. A representative from Art.com contacted me a few weeks ago and asked me to consider writing a post about one of their art totes. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to, especially as I’m trying to cut down on the amount of sponsored posts I do for this blog, but I went over to AllPosters.com to look at their tote bags just to be polite. Imagine my surprise to find my two cute tote bags for sale. These bags have been so good to me. They have stood up to a lot of use, been dragged through sand, left in hot cars, and filled with heavy books. I can’t say they look as good as new, but considering how much I use them they’re in good shape. There are no tears, rips or breaks in the plastic laminate. So I asked him to send me my new, and completely adorable, Shoes Galore Shoulder Tote to review for the blog.

Shoes Galore Tote

Cute tote bags - Vintage Shoe Print

Cute tote bags by Blue Q

Cute tote bags - Vintage Shoe Print

Like my camera bag the shoe shopper closes with a sturdy plastic zipper. The drawings are strategically placed on the bag with a large ankle strap peep toe high heel shoe centered on the (very handy) outside pocket. I didn’t realize it until I started photographing the bags for this post, but they are all made by the same company, Blue Q, and they are all made of 95% post-consumer waste, just like it says on the inside pocket of the beach tote.

Cute tote bags made of recycled plastic

Cute tote bags by Blue Q

Cute tote bags - Art BagsDisclosure: I received the Shoe Shopper Shoulder Tote as a gift from Art.com, but I purchased the other two bags with my own money. I was not paid to review these bags and my opinions are my own.

What do you think of my cute tote bags? Would you use one yourself?

, , , , ,

25 Responses to My Cute Tote Bags

1. MARLA ROBINSON August 12, 2013 at 2:41 am #

These bag are really adorable.

• Heather Fonseca August 12, 2013 at 10:44 am #

Thanks Marla! I’m glad you like them.

2. déjà pseu
    August 12, 2013 at 5:55 am #

Love these bags! We all need a little something fun.
    déjà pseu recently posted..Policing The Fashion (And Age) PoliceMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 12, 2013 at 10:42 am #

Thanks deja pseu! Glad you like them.

3. anne the SpyGirl
    August 12, 2013 at 7:11 am #

Ah, I love that two of them have zippers! Totes with zippers are especially handy for travel. I need to replace or refurbish my tote that I got in Artesia. It’s looking shabby.
    anne the SpyGirl recently posted..Cole + Parker Party SocksMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 12, 2013 at 10:42 am #

These bags aren’t very expensive. Each one is under $20, which is one of the reasons I like them. And I totally agree about the zipper. It makes them even better!

4. nofearoffashion August 12, 2013 at 11:56 am #

I fall for bags like these as well. I have an adorable black and white checked one. From Mini Cooper (don’t know whether you have that brand in the USA.)
    Especially your new bag with the shoes is so cute.
    If it wasn’t for the shipping and the duty…. But let us not complain… I have a few in the closet.

• Heather Fonseca August 18, 2013 at 9:18 am #

I haven’t heard of Mini Cooper except for the car. They make bags too? Cool.

5. 33 August 12, 2013 at 5:10 pm #

I have one that I bought in MOntreal. It has a low brow/ID art of cutie pie doll with death eye and black tears. It’s super cool and I just love, love, love the anti-cute print (reminds me of tokidoki). It’s primarily in sunny yellow and black.

i love it so much that i don’t dare to tote heavy stuff around, afraid to get it dirty or torn.

going to check out the website to see if there’s a dealer list or if the bags can be ordered on-line. i like that shoe bag. it has a zipper top, which is a near feature from the usual open top tote.

• Heather Fonseca August 18, 2013 at 9:18 am #

I have a thing for Tokidoki too, though I don’t actually own any of their products. They are super cute though! Your bag sounds rad.

August 12, 2013 at 8:34 pm #

I remember when you did the post about the bag with the vintage cameras – so fun!
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..52 Week Photo Challenge – Week 32 – “F”My Profile

7. Alison
    August 13, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

Those are super cute, and I love that the camera and shoe ones have a zipper!
    Alison recently posted..On Cyclists and StyleMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 18, 2013 at 9:16 am #

I agree Alison, the zipper makes them extra special.

8. Sharon August 13, 2013 at 5:10 pm #

Very cute totes. Want to know which one I like the best? I am sure you have guessed correctly, but I will tell you anyway . . . the shoe bag 🙂

9. Marina Klima Goldberg August 14, 2013 at 5:51 am #

love the bags, very cute!
    Marina Klima Goldberg recently posted..Room Paint Ideas.Step-by-Step Guide on How to Paint Stripes for Any BedroomMy Profile

10. 33 August 14, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

guess what I went on to BlueQ web site. So many bags, totes, and pouches to choose from! They will be gifts for Xmas this year!!!! So glad you posted about this bag. I can go another year without worrying about Xmas presents. 🙂

• Heather Fonseca August 18, 2013 at 9:15 am #

I’m so glad you liked the store! I hadn’t thought about Christmas gifts, but you’re right these would make a great gift.

• 33 August 20, 2013 at 5:23 pm #

done! took care of 5 persons’ xmas/bday gifts + bags for Yours Truly 🙂

thank you again Heather for this very timely post!!!!!

11. Mary Jo
    August 16, 2013 at 5:47 pm #

I love a good tote and the back of my car is filled with different ones I’ve picked up to use at the flea market, farmers market etc. These are so cute! Hope you have a great weekend Heather!

• Heather Fonseca August 18, 2013 at 9:14 am #

I have a large collection of reusable bags in the trunk of my car too. I use them for grocery shopping and all sorts of other things. It’s a necessity!

August 17, 2013 at 8:28 am #

It’s great that they’re recycled. I’ve seen these bags before and they’re perfect for shopping with. I think my favourite is the shoes galore tote, simply because of the shoes of course!
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Street Style Icons: Catherine SummersMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca August 18, 2013 at 9:12 am #

Thanks Arash! I can’t decide which one is my favorite. They’re all good for different things, but I’m glad you approve of the shoe bag.