A Silk Dress for Fall

A Silk DressThis silk dress is one of my favorite warm weather clothes. I’ve modeled it in a few outfit posts including A Silk Dress on a Hot Day, but this is the first time you’ll see it in action. Yes, it’s another outfit video!

Fall is a difficult season here in Los Angeles. The super hot weather usually associated with the summer season starts in late August and continues into October. Because of the local climate this time of year I like to wear lightweight, summery clothes that somehow look like they belong in the fall. I have a number of silk dresses that fit the bill perfectly. This one is very lightweight and breathable. It looks great without any embellishment and the olive-green color feels more fall than spring. Later on in the fall I pair it with a little denim jacket and boots like I did in this post.

My husband and I spent an evening at the Los Angeles landmark Griffith Observatory where we took the video. It was a very warm fall day without a touch of chill in the air, and the skies were spectacular. Like the others, this video is only about a minute long and is set to music.

A Silk Dress at The Griffith Observatory

Wearing:

• Silk dress found at a local consignment shop
  • Chain necklace from the same shop
  • Black sandals by Gentle Souls
  • Sequin purse from Target

What are you wearing this September?

, , , , , ,

16 Responses to A Silk Dress for Fall

1. Anna
    September 6, 2013 at 3:12 am #

I enjoy your videos very much! And I liked this particular one for its view of LA!
    I also like the color and cut of the dress. I looks very easy-to-wear!
    Anna recently posted..ChicagoMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 7, 2013 at 7:48 am #

Hi Anna, I’m so glad you like the video. The views were really spectacular that day. On another topic – did you start a new blog?

2. Aileen September 6, 2013 at 8:22 am #

It’s great to see your little video clips and you look lovely in this dress. Well done to the photographer as well xa

3. nofearoffashion September 6, 2013 at 11:48 am #

What a lovely dress. You look luscious haha
    Greetje

4. MARLA ROBINSON September 7, 2013 at 2:58 am #

I love that first picture. Amazing photography. Awesome dress.

September 10, 2013 at 7:59 am #

Nice – I especially like your shoes!
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..52 Week Photo Challenge – Week 35 – “I”My Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 10, 2013 at 8:46 am #

Thanks Stacey. Those were a great find, on sale too!

September 15, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

I wondered why you were asking Anne today if it was hot where she was. It usually gets cold here end of September/October so we don’t enjoy the same warm weather.

Your husband is a super talented photographer that photo with the sunset to the right is amazing! I wish I could take photos like that!
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..18 Things I Wish I Knew When I was 18: Style EditionMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 15, 2013 at 4:27 pm #

September is often the hottest month of the year here in Los Angeles. Anne lives by the beach so it’s normally a lot cooler there, but I’ll be running the AC daily until October. Actually, it will probably be pretty hot here until November. Last year was insane. It never really cooled off. I can’t tell you how jealous I am of cool weather. I’d love to actually NEED some cold-weather clothes! I love the way they look, but I have plenty of coats and sometimes don’t wear them once in a year.

Anyway, thank you for the nice compliments on my husband’s work. He IS incredibly talented! I totally agree. Thank you.

7. Diana
    September 16, 2013 at 10:49 pm #

Hey Heather!

I cruised over to your blog from Vahni’s – LOVE the LA shots! Probably not a day goes by that I don’t miss living there… Dig your hubby’s videos, too. (My guy is camera adverse, so I’m learning to use the tripod, lol!)

I really like your style. Seems really hard to find blogs that are fashion focused for the 30’s and up crowd. Glad I found yours!

Cheers, Di
    Diana recently posted..Styleaid 2013 – Black tie event, 15 dollar dressMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 18, 2013 at 10:21 am #

Hi Diana,Thank you so much! I’m really glad you like my look.

8. Elena October 19, 2013 at 1:55 am #

This is nice ! I’m following you now..
    You have so many posts ! I’m new on blogosphere :)

Feel free to visit my blog too .. http://elenastiole.wordpress.com/ and follow it if you like it !
    Kisses !
    -Elena S.

• Heather Fonseca October 20, 2013 at 9:11 am #

Hi Elena, Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Good luck with your blog!