A Pink Dress Video

The Pink DressOh my little pink dress. It’s versatile, lightweight and fun. It makes me feel chic and pretty all at the same time. I’ve modeled it twice for the blog, once at the beach in The Pink Dress: A Versatile Wardrobe Staple? and once paired with a bright green jacket in Retail Therapy Vs. Shopping One’s Closet. I wear it all the time. Here it is again, this time in a little video.

The Pink Dress Video

If you’re looking at my blog via Bloglovin or through e-mail the video probably won’t show up. Click here to see the full post, and the video.

Why all the Videos?

I remember reading, ages ago, how important video was going to be for fashion blogging.  I considered trying it out, and my husband and I talked about it, but I really just wasn’t interested. The look and style of still photography fascinated us both. Improving our photos challenged and excited us.  Looking over my outfit posts from the last couple of years I can see the creative and technical arc. The photos on this blog have become really beautiful but in a strange way my husband and I have gotten too good at still photography. When there’s no where else to go creatively there isn’t as much reason to continue, unless of course you’re being paid, but we’re not. This blog is, essentially, a collaborative art project, and video has become a new way for my husband and I to express ourselves creatively.

Then there are the practical aspects. There’s a reason you’re seeing videos of outfits you’ve already seen before. I have a very limited wardrobe, and my husband and I have shot almost every garment I own, in every light, at night and during the day, all over Los Angeles. For many fashion bloggers keeping our blogs fresh and interesting means shopping for new clothes. Yes! I’m guilty of shopping just for the blog. I love shopping and I love clothes, but I don’t want to buy stuff just so I have something to shoot. Been there, done that, and paid that Visa bill thank-you-very-much! I hope by creating these videos I will have something new, fresh, and fun to show my readers, without spending a bunch of money on new outfits.

If you’d like to see all my earlier videos check out my Video Page. Every time I add a new video it will go there too.

If you have a blog have you gotten into video? Do you prefer still photos or video, or do you like both?

, , , ,

19 Responses to A Pink Dress Video

1. josep-maria September 9, 2013 at 8:19 am #

A gorgeous dress and gorgeous outfit, hat and the lovely bag.

2. Annette September 9, 2013 at 8:19 am #

Another great video, Heather! I really like it and the soft music goes so well with it.
    I heard about the importance of videos on blogs but so far I am slowly getting rid of all the embarrassement when taking photos in public and people watching!
    Videos maybe some time in the future… 😉

Annette | Lady of Style
    Annette recently posted..STYLE INTERVIEW IN A BLACK SKATER DRESSMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 9, 2013 at 5:39 pm #

I still love still photography on blogs, but my husband is really enjoying the videos and so am I. I think you should just keep it fun!

3. nofearoffashion September 9, 2013 at 9:48 am #

Oh I so hear what you are saying. This first year for me, was easy. I could show my whole wardrobe and was able to publish a new post two times a week.
    Of course I am running out of clothes and of course I have fallen in the same trap as you have: buying more and more. As we already loved shopping before we started blogging, right?
    My savings are getting less and less too.

But as I have not blogged very long, my creativity is stil being satisfied. Although I do have a second idea. You will hear more about it this month.
    Do my posts come up in your Bloglovin now? I have posted a new one 47 minutes ago.
    Greetje

• nofearoffashion September 9, 2013 at 9:50 am #

And I am scared to death to put myself on video. I think you are very brave and doing very well.

• Heather Fonseca September 9, 2013 at 5:35 pm #

It is a little scary sometimes, especially because my husband has this HUGE video camera that makes heads turn. There’s no way to be discreet.

• nofearoffashion September 12, 2013 at 10:42 pm #

It is a great conversation piece as well though. LOL

• Heather Fonseca September 9, 2013 at 5:38 pm #

It’s always fun to try new things, I just want to make sure my readers know what I’m doing. Some of my ideas don’t make it very long, some work really well and I continue to enjoy them. But I really am out of clothes, at least for the weather we’re having right now. Maybe if it cools off I’ll have something new to share. Sigh.

And yes I’m getting your blog updates now!

• nofearoffashion September 16, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

It is the same with me. I have fallen in the trap of buying to much because I blog as well. Savings have gone down. So I am only posting once a week from next week on. And I will be doing some more remixing and combining. Otherwise it will be once a month haha.
        nofearoffashion recently posted..How about a long (fashion) weekend in Amsterdam?My Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 18, 2013 at 10:23 am #

Oh, I think you can remix and keep us all interested Greetje! Actually I think it’s important for fashion bloggers to show how we rework favorite pieces in our wardrobes, because that’s real life! I hope to inspire women to love what they have and wear it with aplomb. But, I do love to shop too. Kind of been bad recently…

September 10, 2013 at 8:02 am #

Great that you’re trying something new with the video!
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..52 Week Photo Challenge – Week 35 – “I”My Profile

5. Marsha Bolen September 12, 2013 at 11:20 am #

I really like the bag….great color, too!

• Heather Fonseca September 15, 2013 at 4:53 pm #

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment Marsha! I’m glad you like my bag.

September 14, 2013 at 7:45 pm #

Great video Heather. I’ve been thinking of doing some as well, but never seem to find the time. I also find that they are time consuming as i have to edit them etc. What is your husband using for editing?
    Sylvia recently posted..Streetstyle at New York Fashion week as worn by 40+ women!My Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 15, 2013 at 4:29 pm #

Hi Sylvia. Videos are time consuming. I doubt I’d do them by myself. My husband is really into it at the moment. He’s using an Adobe product for the editing as well as Lightroom and a semi-professional video camera. (He loves his toys!)

7. Ann September 22, 2013 at 6:01 am #

I really like your blog and can’t believe I have not seen it before! Your pictures are good and I think the videos are fun and interesting. The way you are making your pictures contributes much to making the outfits sing. I’ve been thinking about doing some videos also but I do creating adore pictures.

blue hue wonderland
    Ann recently posted..SimplicityMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 23, 2013 at 11:14 am #

Hi Ann. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment too. There are so many blogs out there, I don’t think I’ve seen 1% of them. How can we? But I’m so glad you found mine. I will go and check out yours too.