Maxi Dress with Denim Jacket

Maxi dress with denim jacketI was so excited this week. Why? It cooled down enough to wear a lightweight jacket! I know, I know, being able to wear a jacket is not something worth getting excited about, but it’s the little things that make me a happy fashionista. Earlier in the day it had been quite warm, and I spent the morning and afternoon in my favorite black maxi dress and sandals.  By the time my husband and I stopped to take some photos the sun was setting and the warmth of the day had turned a bit chilly. Here I am in short outfit video wearing my black maxi dress with a denim jacket on Wilshire Boulevard.

On the Street: Maxi Dress with Denim Jacket

Music by Noaidi. “Suffer Them”, from the album A certain reticent instinct, beyond reason.

(If you are viewing this via Bloglovin or Email you probably can’t see the video. Please click here to go to my blog to see it or here to see it on Vimeo.)

Wardrobe Favorites

This is another outfit of favorite pieces. I’ve also modeled my black maxi dress in When the Biker Jacket met the Maxi Dress and Polka Dots at Night. In the latter I wore the dress with a vintage denim jacket and the same sandals, so this really is a reoccurring theme in my day-to-day choice of outfits! The darker denim jacket has shown up dozens of times on the blog, as have the sandals. There is one new piece, however, and its the black paten leather tote. I purchased it on sale at a local consignment store and I’m very pleased with it. I love shiny leather in general and this simple tote shape looks great with so many things. Plus it’s lightweight and holds a lot of stuff.

Wearing:

• Maxi dress by Veronica M
  • Classic denim jacket by Tommy Hilfiger
  • Paten leather tote and chain necklace from a local consignment store
  • Sandals by Gentle Soles

What do you think of how I wore a black maxi dress with a denim jacket?

, , ,

16 Responses to Maxi Dress with Denim Jacket

1. Annette September 12, 2013 at 10:01 am #

Awesome! I recently wore the same combination and think it’s a fantastic way of taking a maxi dress into the autumn season.

Annette | Lady of Style
    Annette recently posted..PAISLEY PRINTS BY WALLISMy Profile

2. Jeannie
    September 12, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

Heather,
    I’m loving your videos!!!
    Jeannie recently posted..Taking a break….My Profile

3. Mary Jo
    September 12, 2013 at 6:26 pm #

Gasp, you’re wearing a jacket?! That light is so pretty with the deep blue and blacks!

4. nofearoffashion September 12, 2013 at 10:41 pm #

Yes you are right, the tote is wonderful. Just bought a similar one, but not shiny for the same reason. It holds a lot (like a bulky camera etc.) and still looks classy.

• Heather Fonseca September 15, 2013 at 4:47 pm #

I’m loving my tote. Hopefully I’ll see yours on your blog soon!

5. 33 September 13, 2013 at 11:29 am #

I know exactly your sentiment. ;-) I feel the same way about throwing on a light coverup. Somewhat I feel more “dressed” if I had on a denim jacket, linen blazer, hoodie, shrug, cardi or what no. the hot and muggy weather makes it impossible to hide under a cover. :-)

You look great in black and denim. And Wilshire Blvd. never looked lovelier at that time of the day in twilight…..

• Heather Fonseca September 15, 2013 at 4:47 pm #

Thank you 33! Wilshire Boulevard did look rather romantic didn’t it? The sidewalk looked wet and sparkly in the video, though it wasn’t like that in real life. And I love to layer, but recently it’s been too hot except in the late afternoons. But I’ll take what I can get!

6. Farheen Zafar September 14, 2013 at 9:54 am #

Loved the video :) you look gorgeous by the way.
    Farheen Zafar recently posted..How to Keep your Makeup CleanMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca September 15, 2013 at 4:41 pm #

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment Farheen! I’m glad you like the video.

7. ODYSSEY
    September 14, 2013 at 10:44 am #

Cool video! Black looks good with denim. Still waiting for our cool down here in Texas..

• Heather Fonseca September 15, 2013 at 4:40 pm #

Thanks Odyssey. It’s still pretty hot here. It only cools down in the evening.

8. L'ezu
    October 1, 2013 at 1:00 pm #

Love this! Great throwback to the 90′s era that is coming back into style in a big way. Also this look is so great for Fall! Check out the new Fall ready-to-wear collection by L’ezu at http://www.lezu.com