Los Angeles Based Fashion Designers on the Catwalk

Los Angeles Based Designers: Katharine KiddThis week the Los Angeles Fashion Council kicked off it’s two-day event of fashion shows featuring Los Angeles based designers. All the fashion companies showing their collections design and manufacture everything here in the city of angels. I love the fact that these designers have made the effort to create their clothing locally and many have gone a step further by using sustainable fabrics as well. None of that would matter if the clothes were boring or poorly designed, but there was a lot to covet walking down the runway this week. Here are a few photos of the fashion shows for your viewing pleasure.

Spring/Summer 2014 Collections by Los Angeles Based Fashion Designers, Day One

Los Angeles Based Designers: Linden

Above is a two piece ensemble from Linden. This socially conscious collection by Jennifer Lynn includes repurposed, vintage, recycled, and sustainable materials.

Below the crowd looks on while models strut by in casual chic knits by Inka Sherman, head designer and owner of ISM Mode. The collection features her signature dye techniques, natural fibers and sustainable fabrics.

Los Angeles Fashion Council Collections: ISM Mode

Los Angeles Based Designers: ISM Mode

My favorite pieces from the first day were the elegant bohemian paisley printed maxi dresses by Odylyne. Known for her diaphanous maxi dresses, the collection featured beautiful prints and sheer fabrics inspired by Indian and Moroccan culture.

Los Angeles Based Designers: Odylyne

To see all of the clothes from the first day’s line up, please click here.

Spring/Summer 2014 Collections, Day Two

I enjoyed all the collections presented at the two-day event, but the design house that makes clothes I would really love to wear has to be The Bohemian Society. The clothes were edgy and cool but still very wearable. Like other designers at the event they use repurposed fabrics like parachute silk in their clothing. A large collection of both mens and women’s wear traveled down the catwalk but the high waisted A-line suede skirt below really stood out for me.  I can’t tell you how much I’d like to own it.

Los Angeles Based Designers: The Bohemian Society

Los Angeles Based Designers: The Bohemian Society

Los Angeles Based Designers: The Bohemian Society

The final collection was by Los Angeles designer Katharine Kidd. She mixed neon with grey and black. Personally I loved the trumpet skirts.

Los Angeles Based Designers: Katharine Kidd

Los Angeles Based Designers: Katharine Kidd

To see all of the outfits on the runway from day 2, please click here.

Earlier this year I was fortunate to see the fall/winter collections from many of the same designers. That show was held in downtown L.A. but this time the runway was on view and open to the sky at a local outdoor shopping mall, The Grove. I cannot tell you what a treat it was to spend two days sitting by the catwalk, chatting up fellow fashionistas and checking out the attendees chic outfits, hair, and makeup. It was inspirational.

See anything you love?

, , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Los Angeles Based Fashion Designers on the Catwalk

1. Glovis Yan October 11, 2013 at 9:12 pm #

Great photos and write up.
    Very cool and trendy fashion showcase.
    All the best from Malaysia.
    Glovis Yan recently posted..How Custom Made Neckties be Beneficial in the Workplace?My Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 12, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

Hi Glovis. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I’m glad you like the post.

2. Greetje Kamminga October 12, 2013 at 8:48 am #

Oh yes I see things I love. I agree with you on the maxi dress of Odylyne. Gorgeous. Would like to own one for summer. And the neon pink with grey jacket of Katharine Kidd, yes please although it will probably not fit across the bosom (..). And I love the sandals in the last photo.
    I always get so blind with “want that, want that, and that too” when I see a fashion show. Better not to go.
    Greetje Kamminga recently posted..Orange brogues with boyfriend jeansMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 12, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

The good news for impulse shoppers like you and I is that the clothes won’t be available for several months! However I do want to find a couple of these brands at retail, just to see how they look up close. Glad you enjoyed the post!

3. lissy
    October 13, 2013 at 7:05 am #

Love love love the neon/gray jacket and the trumpet skirts. It’s so fun to see designers that are new to me.
    lissy recently posted..Boston Fashion Week :: Luke Aaron Fashion ShowMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca October 13, 2013 at 9:46 am #

Hi Lissy, Looks from your most recent post like you’ve been attending some fashion shows recently too! I’m really excited to see trumpet skirts again. I hope Katharine Kidd isn’t the only designer to present them because I love the look.

October 13, 2013 at 6:30 pm #

Wow – seems like a fun event. Right up your alley! So great that you were able to attend. I actually went to Fashion week a couple of years ago here in NYC. A fun experience!
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..52 Week Photo Challenge – Week 40 – “N”My Profile

5. Ignite Retail Design October 18, 2013 at 4:30 pm #

I love the first picture. Very nice

1. The Chic, Functional, Bandolier I-Phone Case - The Style Confessions™ - November 2, 2013

[…] the Bandolier I-Phone case perfectly. I first laid eyes on this innovative carrying case at this fashion show, where I had the pleasure to sit next to the lovely Audrey Wu. Everyone at the event had their […]

2. Finding the Sustainable Fashion Sweet Spot: An Interview with Linden’s Jennifer Lynn | eEcosphere | Backstories - July 6, 2015

[…] Linden’s work being modeled on the catwalk | image: Heather Fonseca […]