Printed Jeans for Fall

Printed Jeans for FallLast year I wandered through my local department store sighing over all the fabulous printed jeans for fall. I loved them, but the first wave of the trend was expensive and, worse, super-low rise. As much as I loved the printed jeans trend I had to wait until someone made a pair that didn’t induce the dreaded muffin top. This year I found them. They’re made by NYDJ, my favorite denim brand. This new “legging” style, which you can see in this affiliate link, fit like a glove and look fabulous. Well, I think so anyway. In fact, I liked the style so much I bought the jeans in three colors! I almost never buy in multiples, but they looked so good I couldn’t help myself. I bought the jeans in black and a dark denim wash, and I’ve already worn them several times, but my favorite pair are the ones you see above. They’re covered in a dark blue tapestry inspired print.

My new printed jeans for fall all the star of this video, but the local commuter train and a beautiful sunny day in So Cal feature prominently in the movie as well. If you can’t see the video please click here. If it still doesn’t work check out the video on Vimeo by clicking here.

Printed Jeans for Fall

Music by Jahzzar from the album Glaxy. Title Encedalus.

My Outfit

Printed Jeans for Fall

My outfit is pretty basic. It had to be because although it’s getting cold in much of North America here in So Cal it’s still warm and sunny. What I like about printed jeans is they add a fun element to even a simple outfit like the one I’m wearing. Even though the weather seems like summer I can enjoy a bit of fall style through the colors and textures in the clothing I choose this time of year. In the video I wear a new knit blouse by Splendid and NYDJ printed jeans. The necklace was a Christmas gift from my auntie. We found it at the local consignment store I wrote about in the post How to afford REAL designer clothing (on a non-designer budget). The sandals have appeared many times on this blog, and the purse was bought at another favorite consignment store at this purse party.

Chain Necklace

My new fall jeans

Here are my new fall jeans, the same style in three very wearable colors.

Printed denim for fall

Shop Printed Jeans for Fall by NYDJ

Disclosure: The widget below contains affiliate links. If you click on an image I might receive a small commission. Thank you for your support.

Are you wearing printed jeans for fall?

, , , , ,

19 Responses to Printed Jeans for Fall

1. Pam
    November 18, 2013 at 8:55 am #

I just shopped with a friend of mine and she bought I pair of the NYDJ leggings…they were such an amazing fit on her. I highly recommend them based on what I saw…and getting a printed pair would be even better!!
    Pam recently posted..San Antonio’s Queen of Consignment at Too Good To Be Threw!My Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 18, 2013 at 5:13 pm #

Hi Pam! The new NYDJ legging style is really flattering. It’s better than their old skinny cut, mostly because they really are skinny jeans, whereas their old skinny cut was more of a strait leg style. The great thing about this legging jean is they have all the supportive-girdle-stuff on top, and it’s a higher rise. Very flattering!

2. Anna November 18, 2013 at 12:44 pm #

love your printed jeans! Usually I’m not a fan of them, but the pattern you chose is very nice!I’m on the lookout for a similar pair!
    Anna recently posted..How to make the most out of your tripMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 18, 2013 at 5:11 pm #

Thanks Anna! I’m so glad you like them. The print is more subtle than a lot of others, it’s true. Makes them very wearable! I have another pair of printed jeans that are a lot louder and they just don’t photography well, so they’ve never been on the blog even though I like them.

3. nofearoffashion November 18, 2013 at 1:48 pm #

Told you so…. NYDJ are fabulous. I don’t understand why I ever shop for anything else.
    And I wanted the printed skinnies at the bottom left. But Bloomingdales does not ship to The Netherlands. Boehoe (Boohoo?)
    I could not get the video started. And when I clicked on the link above it, it lead me back to your blog, so I was in a loop.
    Your outfit maybe basic, but deadly good. The jewellery is so good with this outfit. And I think the sweater with the thin see-though bit is perfect on it. Well worn too. Classy.
    Greetje

• nofearoffashion November 18, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

Sorry, I mean that you wear the sweater well. Not that it looks worn. (Language problem here.)

• Heather Fonseca November 18, 2013 at 5:10 pm #

Sorry about Bloomingdales AND the video! You can see, and shop for, the whole NYDJ line at their website here: http://www.nydj.com, but I don’t know if they ship to the Netherlands either! Not sure why the video didn’t work for you. It seems to be working on this end. Here’s another link to the Vimeo site:

That should work! So glad you like the outfit Greetje, and I totally understood the intention of Well Worn. No worries.

4. Kate November 18, 2013 at 10:56 pm #

I love that print! Super pretty but not too in-your-face.

• Heather Fonseca November 21, 2013 at 8:20 pm #

Thanks Kate! I think they’re pretty perfect.

5. Shirley November 19, 2013 at 6:36 am #

Never thought that printed jeans can be so attractive. The pattern you choose is very match your outfit. I am on my way to look for a similar pair.

6. Marissa November 19, 2013 at 10:54 am #

Isn’t it the best when you find an item of clothing you love enough to buy in multiple colors? That print is great – not too bold, not too subtle. Just perfect. 🙂

• Heather Fonseca November 21, 2013 at 8:19 pm #

Thanks Marissa! It’s rare that I buy in multiples, but these were too good to pass up!

November 21, 2013 at 7:43 pm #

I am so in need of new jeans! These look great on you and I like that the print is subtle.
    Stacey – Total City Girl recently posted..New Website!!My Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 21, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

Thanks Stacey! So glad you like them. The fit is GREAT! If you can find NYDJ in your area I highly recommend trying on a pair.

November 23, 2013 at 5:09 am #

I love printed jeans and trousers at the moment and have been using them a lot when styling some of my slimmer clients. They’re great because they’re a statement in themselves so you don’t need to do a huge amount with the rest of your outfit and you’re good to go.
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Are You Craving Something Different?My Profile

• Heather Fonseca November 28, 2013 at 10:34 am #

I totally agree Arash! I think they might be part of that “a little bit different” thing you were talking about in your last post.