New year, new panties

PantiesIf you don’t do it, you should. With all the focus we pay to collecting wonderful shoes, beautiful purses and the perfect jeans we often forget about the items that go underneath it all. Updating the underwear drawer is a yearly essential, and although one can spend a lot of money on such things, inexpensive alternatives are available. So why not get rid of your old, yucky, panties (I don’t need to go into more visual descriptions do I?) and buy some pretty new ones to go under all your fabulous outfits? I promise you’ll feel prettier and more feminine immediately.

New Panties

I updated my every day underwear collection this January. Nothing exciting here, but it’s often the small things that make me the happiest. I bought all of these and a few more I couldn’t photograph in an elegant manner at Target with my own money.

What have you bought yourself recently? Are there any wardrobe basic purchases in your future?

, , ,

16 Responses to New year, new panties

1. Alexis Grace January 31, 2014 at 3:15 am #

I am a big fan of Target undies for the everyday…. Seriously, I do the everyday purchase about twice a year there.

Alas, no Target here. So I am planning to hit up Cotton On Body after Chinese New Year!
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Mary Jo Matsumoto FLASH SALEMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca February 2, 2014 at 11:22 am #

I would be sad if there was no Target where I lived, but I’m sure there are great options where you are too. Cotton on Body does sound nice.

2. Nanne January 31, 2014 at 10:27 am #

A very timely post….my underwear drawer is overdue for some replacements! I actually buy my favorite styles from a Scandinavian equivalent of Target, called Lindex 🙂
    Nanne recently posted..Magic LightsMy Profile

3. Greetje Kamminga January 31, 2014 at 10:52 am #

Haha… I love lingerie. Very frivolous ones. I uploaded my last set (I always buy sets of bra and brief) to the Forum of Sylvia. Don’t worry, it is on a mannequin, not on me. LOL

Greetje
    Greetje Kamminga recently posted..Teal booties, skinnies and the Angela Caputi necklaceMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca February 2, 2014 at 11:21 am #

Oh my gosh Greetje that is a beautiful bra and panty set! I usually only wear sexy panties for a night out with my husband. For everyday I like cotton, but I’ve fantasized about having the kind of life that would require sexy panties everyday!

• No Fear of Fashion February 2, 2014 at 12:13 pm #

I just always had a fascination for nice French underwear. Had nothing to do with boyfriends or so, just loving the sight in the mirror. Am I narcistic??? Oh dear.
        No Fear of Fashion recently posted..Teal booties, skinnies and the Angela Caputi necklaceMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca February 15, 2014 at 7:45 pm #

No Greetje, you’re not narcisistic. If I had the money I would buy nothing but super pretty lacy underwear. Maybe one day I will!

February 2, 2014 at 1:56 pm #

I tend to hit up TK Maxx for pants they usually have great offers on as typically I’m a bit of a designer snob when it comes to underwear. But you raise a great point, we focus so much on lovely shoes and bags but often forget about underwear. Great underwear is the foundation great style is built on!

Everyone should get themselves fitted when regularly when it comes to bras too!
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..Why You Should Avoid Pinterest For Style InspirationMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca February 15, 2014 at 7:43 pm #

I agree with you about the bra fitting Arash. I started going for professional fittings a few years ago and it makes a HUGE difference. Although I don’t always spend a lot on my panties I definitely splurge on a good brassier. It’s worth it.

5. 33 February 3, 2014 at 12:52 pm #

Your pantie style preference is mine, too. I find the bikini brief the most comfortable to wear, not too much fabric or too little fabric. 🙂

I typically buy panties from Ross and TJMaxx. I still have about 8 new ones. This is a good reminder to purge the old tattered panties and to use the new ones. What’s the use buying new panties if I don’t use them, right? 😉
    33 recently posted..breton dressMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca February 15, 2014 at 7:39 pm #

Oh definitely purge the drawer of old, worn out, panties before you refill! I never go to TJMaxx, don’t know why, and Ross is often a bit too overwhelming for me. Target it just right!

6. jess February 13, 2014 at 8:04 am #

Hi there. I do like bikini briefs too, and wore them for years. I like the ones you picked too. I JUST went through my intimates drawer and tossed what I wasn’t wearing. I love pretty ones, I think I am more of a lace girl, as my favs are The Lacie from VS. When I was younger, I would not even think to wear thongs, but these are comfy too. ( not affiliated with VS!) I totally agree that you want to feel pretty with undergarments too. I enjoy your site!

• Heather Fonseca February 15, 2014 at 7:31 pm #

Hi Jess, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I’m glad you like my post on updating the pantie drawer and that you do so yourself from time to time.

7. Stacey May 24, 2014 at 6:54 pm #

Not much recently, as I am pretty frugal … clearly, this needs to change!

• Heather Fonseca June 9, 2014 at 5:21 pm #

Lol! I buy a lot of used and consignment clothing to help defray the cost of buying “new” clothes, but I don’t buy any used underthings. That would be yucky. In this one instance, there is no choice but to buy new.