What should I wear the day after Marc’s wedding for a day with my husband before we pick up the kids (and assuming we’ve had FUN the night before)???? Continue Reading →
Style and fashion advice
Closets, they’re never big enough are they? I dream about having a large walk-in room like the ones on my closet inspiration Pinboard, but instead of getting larger my wardrobes keep getting smaller.
I spent years complaining about the 4 foot by 7 foot closet in my 1920′s bungalow, but since we’ve moved to our temporary home my new wardrbe is barely three feet deep and two feet wide. That’s a tiny closet! It makes the previous one seem like ample space for any woman’s collection of clothing. My new situation is really one step up from living out of a suitcase. It should be horrible, but oddly enough it’s actually easier to get dressed in the morning. All I brought to our temporary home are the spring and summer clothes I love the most. I was careful to pack my most versatile items and I also picked a color scheme of blues and greens. The end result is the wardrobe I’ve always wanted: the one where almost everything goes together and getting dressed is a breeze.
Still, I needed help setting up the closet which was just an empty space when we arrived. I needed to arrange purses, shoes, underthings and of course clothes in a way that made sense. I wanted a few tiny closet organization ideas, so I searched Google and my favorite blogs for inspiration and came up with these ten helpful links. Continue Reading →
White is one of the biggest fashion trends of the season. All-white outfits are popping up like mad on my Pinterest feed while everyone from Garance Dore to Bittersweet Colors are posting articles on how to wear the trend. Recently I’ve gushed about white dresses on Twitter but from the responses I’ve received I can see that not everyone is with me on this one. It’s not that white isn’t pretty, it’s that it stains too easily and is too much work to keep really, really white. Well, you can embrace the white clothing trend this season because I’ve discovered how to get whites white again. Continue Reading →
(Click on the image for the source)
I love seeing a man in a tuxedo. It’s so elegant. I hope you enjoy this guest post from my site supporters on the subject of the tuxedo and formalwear. Continue Reading →
Sequins here, sequins there, sequins everywhere! It’s the time of year for sparkly clothes, festive makeup, and splashy parties. The holiday season is upon us! Last week I went to an elegant holiday dinner party and wore the black dress seen in this post. I love my little black dress, yet I feel like there are so many other options for a holiday party. From sequin pants to Christmas sweaters, here are a few of my favorite festive clothing ideas from around the web.
- Should you wear a dress or something casual to your next holiday party? Here are some ideas.
- Are the parties you attend too casual for a dress? Here are five alternatives to sparkly dresses to try this Christmas.
- I don’t know how comfortable sequin pants would be, but they do look like fun.
- Printed, decorated and embellished jeans are all the rage. These fancy jeans can take you through the holidays and beyond in style.
- Here is an unusual tip to keep you dancing all night long.
- How do you feel about ugly Christmas sweaters? Personally I think they’re a holiday classic. No party would be complete without at least one!
- I want to go to this party! OK, it’s not a real party. Still, I want to go, and I love the pretty dresses the models are wearing.
- A lacy top adds instant glamour to a holiday outfit.
- I would love to go to a party wearing this fabulous Prada dress.
- Over at Wardrobe Oxygen the holiday look du jour includes tulle, taffeta and a t-shirt.
See anything you want to wear? What are you wearing to your holiday parties this year?